BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445 View Post
Go over the faces of the lights again and make sure theres no pinholes. Thats alot of moisture...
sorry do what?
      09-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
t02t
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 135i

I've actually have the exact same thing happen to me the past weekend, I'm using the city vision bulbs though but they're LED regardless and shouldn't have anything to do with the control unit malfunctioning.

I got my car back from the dealer after some recall work has been done and the same headlight warning lights came on for me and then my driver side HID was not working, BMW replaced everything for free but they also noted that water was inside the headlight cover. there was never any moisture inside my headlights and i've washed my car many times after I installed the bulbs and it never malfunctioned so now i'm kinda worried why it suddenly died last weekend
      09-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #25
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Took it into BMW on Wednesday they advised me that they would try to have BMW Canada warranty the entire headlight unit... got a call back today saying that BMW Canada denied the warranty claim as moisture in the headlight unit is normal and there are no water droplets in the headlight unit to indicate excessive moisture... the dealership has already advised against calling BMW Canada myself as they may find out that the LUX kit is in there... What should I do?
      09-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
BimmerEyes Inc.
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattryan View Post
Took it into BMW on Wednesday they advised me that they would try to have BMW Canada warranty the entire headlight unit... got a call back today saying that BMW Canada denied the warranty claim as moisture in the headlight unit is normal and there are no water droplets in the headlight unit to indicate excessive moisture... the dealership has already advised against calling BMW Canada myself as they may find out that the LUX kit is in there... What should I do?
Hello Matt,

Is there another BMW dealership that you can take it to? I know from experience that not all dealers are equal when it comes to warranty work. Another dealer would likely have a record of the warranty work already done within the BMW system but they may treat you differently if you explain with pictures what your are experiencing. Ask them what they can do for you. The moisture you are seeing in that headlight cannot be considered normal.

Cheers,

Ross
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #27
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEyes Inc. View Post
Hello Matt,

Is there another BMW dealership that you can take it to? I know from experience that not all dealers are equal when it comes to warranty work. Another dealer would likely have a record of the warranty work already done within the BMW system but they may treat you differently if you explain with pictures what your are experiencing. Ask them what they can do for you. The moisture you are seeing in that headlight cannot be considered normal.

Cheers,

Ross
This is the dealership that I deal with because it's where I purchased my vehicle and they've been ok so far... They're saying that it's not them it's BMW Canada...
      09-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #28
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

I asked the dealership why they couldn't submit the photos that I sent to them as soon as I noticed the problem as it clearly shows that were are water droplets and according to the dealership the photos have to be time and date stamped! Anyways in the meantime I've written a 7 page letter to the president of BMW Canada advising him of all the issues I've had since before even taking delivery of the vehicle so let's see what happens...
      09-18-2011, 01:34 AM   #29
HISI808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattryan View Post
I asked the dealership why they couldn't submit the photos that I sent to them as soon as I noticed the problem as it clearly shows that were are water droplets and according to the dealership the photos have to be time and date stamped! Anyways in the meantime I've written a 7 page letter to the president of BMW Canada advising him of all the issues I've had since before even taking delivery of the vehicle so let's see what happens...

So are you going to remove the LUX and put the stock bulbs back in just in case BMW Canada takes a look at your car? You don't want them seeing your aftermarket bulbs.

Or, like I said before in my previous post, just put some silica gel packets in your headlights and call it a day. It's just not worth the time/effort and aggravation this seems to be causing. Then you can start enjoying your LUX!
Appreciate 0