BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Ein View Post
Props to you for being different.
LOL. Thanks.
If I wanted to be like everyone else, I'd have bought a silver or white three series. Would just blend in then. Every other car out here in the SF Bay Area
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

The truth is, I was resigned to ordering a white or black/red combo on the way to the dealership. I like the red leather, something unique and different. Would have never even thought of ordering brown exterior, until I got to the dealership and there was a 128i on the floor in that color. I saw it and said WOW that is actually really pretty and unique. The pics did not do the color justice, seeing it in person changed my mind. For the first time I am leasing a vehicle. If I get sick of it I can always just swap at the end. I am thinking I'll wanna keep the car long term. MPG is gonna make me think of going back to some type of diesel if available though.

Last edited by lovelife; 03-16-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #47
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Ein View Post
Props to you for being different.
That Valencia Orange 1M is sweet! Had one here in San Francisco, marked up to $76,000. :thumb down Took them quite awhile to sell it, but I do think it's finally gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #48
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerF1 View Post
The only time my dad has ever pointed out a 1er to me was when it was a Marrakesh Brown 135i. It definitely gets noticed and to those who like that color, it will actually be very valuable since it's such a rare color. It's still a gamble but if you love the color then all the more power to you.
I guess it's a gamble, if I was gonna flip it in a year or three, and wanted to have the largest possible batch of potential buyers. But I will probably keep it well beyond the warranty period, and there are so many BMWs in the area, it's almost a selling point that it doesn't look like all the rest.... in any event, I feel good every time I get into it, and that's worth a little ding on the resale value, if that's what happens
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
I guess it's a gamble, if I was gonna flip it in a year or three, and wanted to have the largest possible batch of potential buyers. But I will probably keep it well beyond the warranty period, and there are so many BMWs in the area, it's almost a selling point that it doesn't look like all the rest.... in any event, I feel good every time I get into it, and that's worth a little ding on the resale value, if that's what happens
Nathan, congrats I am sure the car is beautiful
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #50
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep

Attached Images

Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #51
oman135
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I dont like MB on the 1 !
white or gray with coral red interior
      03-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #52
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Looks very nice.

Last edited by lovelife; 03-23-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #53
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
I dont like MB on the 1 !
white or gray with coral red interior
That's okay. I won't sell you mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
That's okay. I won't sell you mine
It's hard to see the color in your pics but I remember the one at the dealer being beautiful!
According to bmwusa mine is in finishing touches. They seem to be a bit behind on their updates so I'm thinking it's close to coming home.
Thanks for posting pics of your beautiful car Nathan. Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #55
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep

If we ever have a sunny weekend again I should get some bright daylight pix...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #56
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

The baby 135 Bimmer came home today.
It's raining hard, but here's a quick snap.
I honestly think it is way better than imagined.
Six people asked about it at dealer.
I have no regrets
Attached Images

Last edited by lovelife; 03-28-2012 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #57
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

No interior pics???
      03-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #58
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
No interior pics???
one so far. (above). weather has been rainy so garage only
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #59
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
No interior pics???
Nice car by the way!!! That tint would be pulled over in a second here in California tho. Can squeeze by with 40% maybe
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #60
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelife View Post
Nice car by the way!!! That tint would be pulled over in a second here in California tho. Can squeeze by with 40% maybe
thank you! its 26%. I have tan interior so when it is sunny out, you can see inside easier than you would think. I have had tint on my cars for the past few years and never had trouble.

I really like odd color combos on cars, so i am very excited to see some interior pics showing the door frame, etc.

edit: when i first posted asking for interior pics, I didnt even see you posted one already. I was on my phone so maybe it didnt load completly before I responded. I love the white trim.
      03-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #61
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
thank you! its 26%. I have tan interior so when it is sunny out, you can see inside easier than you would think. I have had tint on my cars for the past few years and never had trouble.

I really like odd color combos on cars, so i am very excited to see some interior pics showing the door frame, etc.

edit: when i first posted asking for interior pics, I didnt even see you posted one already. I was on my phone so maybe it didnt load completly before I responded. I love the white trim.
Thanks!!! I added the interior pic later. Figured one step at a time since it's all so different. hehe
Sweet car you have!! Very slick looking. Love it with the dark tint.
We've always tinted a bit, ahem, beyond legal levels with no problems so hopefully once done on this one nobody will bother me.
I made a brave move doing the colors I did, but I figured this was a sport coupe and deserved some boldness...Plus I'm a girl so we tend to like different things than the guys do.
It looks really good in person as pics never thrilled me on the colors. I saw the color on a 128 at the dealer and that is what sold me on ordering this color. It's actually quite stunning and everybody asks me about it. The white trim I was nervous about, but it really adds a nice contrast and is very cool. Thanks for not making fun of me.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #62
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Do you also have a Z3 coupe? If you do, I am so in envy. If I hadn't gotten the 1, I would have looked for a used Z3 (or Z4) coupe. Super unique!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #63
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you also have a Z3 coupe? If you do, I am so in envy. If I hadn't gotten the 1, I would have looked for a used Z3 (or Z4) coupe. Super unique!
One of my previous cars was an m coupe. (The one in my avatar pic) Like I said, I love odd color combos...mine had a 1 of 1 combo. Alpine white with evergreen interior. I loved the car, and miss it everyday. 2 cars was not practical at the time for me =(

I bought my 135 off the show floor, didn't order it. I keep thinking about what combo I would have came up with.... I really like yours!
      03-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #64
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
One of my previous cars was an m coupe. (The one in my avatar pic) Like I said, I love odd color combos...mine had a 1 of 1 combo. Alpine white with evergreen interior. I loved the car, and miss it everyday. 2 cars was not practical at the time for me =(

I bought my 135 off the show floor, didn't order it. I keep thinking about what combo I would have came up with.... I really like yours!
Thanks! I am in love with the colors. I was very nervous about it all, but ..
The M Coupes are very nice, but I see where they aren't practical.
Very different cars and I love the "clown shoe". Saw one on the freeway the other day... it was red.
That color combo you had is super nice. Sorry you had to sell.

What sold me on the 1 was we actually went to look at the 1M. A dealer had one in San Francisco. They were marking them up $20K here. No thanks, not for almost the same car . I drove a white 135 and the rest is history. Had to order because manuals are nearly impossible to find. So, went all out on different. Only thing I don't like is BMW ditching the sport package and making people go with M sport package. Keep the M stuff on the M cars I say. But I wanted the seats .
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #65
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Dude, if youre smart about it i have 5% and only occasionally get pulled over hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #66
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
Dude, if youre smart about it i have 5% and only occasionally get pulled over hahaha.
5%!!! woah. I salute you, but that's way too much for me. Maybe on a lighter colored car tho
Appreciate 0