BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
elciddragon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i LeMans Blue

Using M Mobility Kit

So I made the switch from RFT to non-RFT. I have been weighing my various options (spare vs. conti vs. mobility kit) and decided to investigate if it was possible to get the m mobility kit refill but without the rest of it. My reasoning is I already have an air compressor which would fit perfectly so is there any reason to get the rest of the kit?

Also, since the replacement comes with no instructions, I was wondering if anyone who has an M mobility kit could take a picture of the instructions on the compressor and post it?

The part number for the full kit is: 71 10 0 413 439
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
peppebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

I switched to my winters yesterday which are non-runflat. Pulled car out of garage this morning and something didn't feel right. Low and behold the front drivers side tire was flat! I bought the BMW mobility kit last year in anticipation of an emergency of this kind. Kit looked a little intimidating but after a few minutes of reading instructions it was a piece of cake. So far tire is holding. I drove to stealership this morning to see if they had more sealant in case it happens again. I figured the stuff can't be more than $20, but no it was $42.50 and had to be ordered. So to answer your questions, yes you should be able to order the sealant from dealer. If you need instructions send me a message and I can mail you photo copies, or I can scan them and email them to you.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
2022 RE Continental GT 650
Appreciate 0