BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

///Monster's Introduction

Finally feel like the car is on its way enough to make a thread!

Current Mods:

Aesthetic:
Removed OEM Spoiler
De-Badged
Upgraded side markers-LED
Black Kidneys
Window Tint--F:35%, R:20%

Performance:
BMS Intake
AR Design DP
JB4 G5 ISO
BMS CDV

Wheels:
EuroTek
F: 18x8.5, et45
R: 18x9.5, et45
Hankook Ventus V12 Tires

Current Pics (courtesy of iPhone):

Future Mods:
M3 Control Arms
Berk Mids
BMW PE
Coils
FMIC
Charge Pipe
OSS Designs Headlight Mod

Last edited by c_ozanich; 05-06-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Very Nice

Question though: What's a shaved spoiler? Do you just mean "removed"?
      05-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Very Nice

Question though: What's a shaved spoiler? Do you just mean "removed"?
yea...removed is probably the better term lol. last car I had to fill spoiler holes and re-paint hatch so I got used to the "shaved" terminology. You are right though

Thanks--Your car has influenced mine a little; like your clean lines and overall look!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Sweet. Figured that was the case.

And thanks. Always nice to hear good things about a car you've put effort into...

PS: LOVE your wheels... Really want to get a set - in the same finish you've got - but not cheap in Oz and there's really nothing wrong with what I've got
      05-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Lovin it bro. It even looked good before now. One thing I'd add to your cosmetic mods maybe is some lci taillights. Btw ur still comin to wash mine too right lol.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
PS: LOVE your wheels... Really want to get a set - in the same finish you've got - but not cheap in Oz and there's really nothing wrong with what I've got
Yea those 313's are legit. BavX hooked me up with a nice set-no complaints at all. I talked to Brad@bavarianx.com on the phone--great guy, knows his stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Lovin it bro. It even looked good before now. One thing I'd add to your cosmetic mods maybe is some lci taillights. Btw ur still comin to wash mine too right lol.
Yea I'd like to get blacklines down the road--my stockers cracked over winter and BMW just put brand new tails in last week so it's hard to justify the money on them when there's bigger fish to fry. It'll happen in time.

How much longer you laid up? It's gotta be frustrating/making you stir crazy by now.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
KEI7
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: E61

Looking NICE!! Any plans to lower your car?
      05-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEI7 View Post
Looking NICE!! Any plans to lower your car?
Yea, not sure how much tho. Roads around can be rough, even in the summer--I'd like to do a moderate drop (+/- an inch) all around. ST Coils are what I was originally thinking but after installing the wheels I don't really want to mess with camber too much. M3 control arms is only thing I plan on doing for sure....re-evaluating my previous stance thoughts in the mean time.

Hoping to have headlights and control arms and midpipes done by Bimmerfest East.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Well I've been home a month now. I go back to work in 2 weeks prolly. Even then ill still be on crutches for another 6 weeks because I can't walk on the shattered heel for 3 months total.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I've been home a month now. I go back to work in 2 weeks prolly. Even then ill still be on crutches for another 6 weeks because I can't walk on the shattered heel for 3 months total.
that's rough man but getting back to work will take your mind off things. My sophomore year of HS I broke both feet (freak accidents within 2 weeks of each other) so I know your pain lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Ya. Ill b bak to work but just sitting with my leg up lol. My other foot was fractured too but slightly. We kinda did the same thing. I mostly just hate not being able to work out

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Cars looking clean sir

I like the euroteks how they holding up over time?
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya. Ill b bak to work but just sitting with my leg up lol. My other foot was fractured too but slightly. We kinda did the same thing. I mostly just hate not being able to work out
Yea I go through withdrawals when I miss gym days too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
I like the euroteks how they holding up over time?
So far, they are perfect! That being said....I just put them on 5/3/2013 so I'm probably not the best guy to ask lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep
Drives: bsm 135i

I prefer real bbs. Nonetheless, nice ride.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
keldunwoody
2017 red m240 convertible
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240 red convertible

I think I've posted here about twice, but I am wondering how on earth you picked your rims with the infamous 135i brake dust. My wheels drive me crazy. Do you have a secret to keeping your supershiny rims clean?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #16
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
I prefer cost effective "BBS"; no work in pulling/rolling fenders, non re-drilling Jap BBS to make it fit, and no freak outs if my shiny new wheels get dinged/chipped while driving. I paid 1/3 the price of real BBS and got the look I wanted out of a quality, reputable dealer in BavX. I can allocate the rest of the money I would have spent on products that actually make driving more enjoyable, i.e.->m3 suspension bits or bolt-ons

saying my ride is nice despite it being "fake"---thanks broski

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldunwoody View Post
I think I've posted here about twice, but I am wondering how on earth you picked your rims with the infamous 135i brake dust. My wheels drive me crazy. Do you have a secret to keeping your supershiny rims clean?
Thanks for appreciating the shine!

The consensus option around here is Cool Carbon brake pads (I don't have them, or anything special for that matter--still stock under there) But any ceramic based pad is going to be quieter ( the annoying squealing drives me nuts and is next on my list of things to cross off) and produce a lot less dust than the stock ones. EBC Yellowstuff, Cool Carbons, and Stop Tech is what I'm weighing between. I have a few thousand miles left I can get away with the stockers but when I switch I'll give a write up review about whatever I choose--although I'm sure a quick search can pull up results instantly as this has been a problem since BMW thought to put 6 piston calipers on. Great stopping power and bite, but so much surface area to flake from
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #17
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
more low!

very nice though
      05-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisN View Post
more low!

very nice though
Thanks!

I'm working on it! Going with Coils as soon as my wallet allows
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I prefer real bbs.
Really classy mate....

05-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MonsterNtheMaking
Quote:
I prefer cost effective "BBS"; no work in pulling/rolling fenders, non re-drilling Jap BBS to make it fit, and no freak outs if my shiny new wheels get dinged/chipped while driving. I paid 1/3 the price of real BBS and got the look I wanted out of a quality, reputable dealer in BavX. I can allocate the rest of the money I would have spent on products that actually make driving more enjoyable, i.e.->m3 suspension bits or bolt-ons

saying my ride is nice despite it being "fake"---thanks broski

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldunwoody View Post
Thanks for appreciating the shine!

The consensus option around here is Cool Carbon brake pads (I don't have them, or anything special for that matter--still stock under there) But any ceramic based pad is going to be quieter ( the annoying squealing drives me nuts and is next on my list of things to cross off) and produce a lot less dust than the stock ones. EBC Yellowstuff, Cool Carbons, and Stop Tech is what I'm weighing between. I have a few thousand miles left I can get away with the stockers but when I switch I'll give a write up review about whatever I choose--although I'm sure a quick search can pull up results instantly as this has been a problem since BMW thought to put 6 piston calipers on. Great stopping power and bite, but so much surface area to flake from
To each their own man. I'm refinishing a set of RS's for about $2300 all in. Light weight proven strength and 3 piece ftw. You take care of the wheels like you take care of your car and they'll be fine. If you're going to be upgrading your suspension I'd get some lightweight track wheels as well - lugging those things around the track would be risky.

No hate just some friendly criticism. Carry on
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #21
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Quote:
I prefer real bbs.
Really classy mate....

Authentic bbs is very classy in my opinion, glad you agree
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To each their own man. I'm refinishing a set of RS's for about $2300 all in. Light weight proven strength and 3 piece ftw. You take care of the wheels like you take care of your car and they'll be fine. If you're going to be upgrading your suspension I'd get some lightweight track wheels as well - lugging those things around the track would be risky.

No hate just some friendly criticism. Carry on
who said anything about the track? the coils are to dial in the drop that I want because I'm picky about the way it's lowered/stanced. While I may autoX it maybe a handful of times in the cars life, big maybe--it's not something I'm concerned about. Lap times are irrelevant to me.

and what's risky about going around a track with a wheel/tire combo that's approx. 2.65lbs lighter than my stock wheels when I weighed them during uninstall/install? I fail to see the danger in that for it to be "risky".

While RS is a great looking wheel and I can appreciate the deal you got on them; you are still $500 above my price in terms of investment, everyone has their own agenda and budget and preferences/thoughts regarding modifying a car. I have a daily driver and therefore my wheels see a lot of crap-tar, pebbles, brake dust daily, and potholes of NoE OH.

I can understand your stance on preferring a higher end wheel Wescuddles, and I'm not arguing or turning this thread into a wheel battle that resides in how far your wallet is willing to open.

Harlequin was just pointing out the douchy way you responded in an arrogant tone/manner, and I happen to agree. Especially considering how interested you were in my wheels when BavX requested pics of them:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609640

Gotta remember where you came from to know where you are going! And more importantly, so you don't wedge your foot in your own mouth
Appreciate 0