BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
Templedogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, Trailblazer SS, 1934 PU

I gave my dealer the color and options I wanted now, but when they get the actual allocations they will let me know and I will have a couple days to finalize the options and colors before they convert their standard allocation car to my custom allocation car, they told me it will not delay the car at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #24
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
All you guys who have put down deposits, did your dealer say you could pick any colors and options without delaying delivery?

I'm #1 on my dealer's list ($1K refundable, 2 months ago). The salesman says they'll get their "allocation" (computer printout with delivery dates, colors and features). I can have the first one, at MSRP. And, he says, it will be possible to change anything on the car (color, transmission, options, etc.) without affecting the delivery date.

That's great, if true. Are you getting the same story?
Hey Potatoe what dealer are you #1 at? I am at Sonnen in San Rafael.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #25
potatoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Hey Potatoe what dealer are you #1 at? I am at Sonnen in San Rafael.

Yo TheoIam, my deposit is at Concord BMW.

Did Sonnen promise you MSRP?

Thanks all for confirming how orders work. I'm surprised, actually. In @ '97 Mercedes told me "you can get anything you want, but most changes affect the schedule. The factory only builds one color at a time." And, Lexus simply said "we don't do special orders."

Probably, MBZ and Lexus have improved since then, but this BMW approach is perfection, it seems to me. The salesman says they even have an online database with daily updates so that it's possible to watch as the car is built and shipped. I know I'll enjoy that.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #26
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
Yo TheoIam, my deposit is at Concord BMW.

Did Sonnen promise you MSRP?
Yes, I have bought a few cars from them already. :wink:
Appreciate 0