BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
CLV0009
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i 2015 BMW 328i GT

HPFP Replaced on my 2011 135i DCT

So about a couple of weeks into my new 2011 135i w DCT I started to get a long crank time when starting the car, the issue was intermittently, so I decided to take the car to the dealer this past Tuesday, after a couple of days at the shop the service writer calls me and said that they were able to replicate the issue and they replaced the HPFP (fuel pump) he also said this was the first 2011 135i they have with this issue.
Has any one had this happen to their 2011 135i?
I checked the DTC and still have the same icon that says "DTC off" so I guess they did not do the DME update, he told me that my car had no Campaigns open.

I am planning on getting the JB3, BMW dealer quoted me about $2500 for the purchase and isntallation of the BMW Power package for the 135i, he said it is only available with the upgraded cooling system for my car.
      07-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

MY HPFP was replaced on my 2011 DCT at 13K miles as well. This was supposed to fix an erradic/surging idle when coming to a stop and it didn't. My car has been in and out of the shop for the past 2 months. My dealership opened up a PUMA case and it's under investigation. Basically BMW has no idea how to fix it at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Sucks when your car falls in the hands of people that don't know what they are doing. I can almost guarantee that the pump didn't need replacing. This is not a common issue as it was with the n54 engines. My car has been running flawlessly for almost 21k miles, without a single long crank.

My buddy who drives an n55 powered car with DCT, however, has experienced the long cranks sporadically. My guess? A DCT/software combination issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I'm with you on this. I feel like my surging idle has a pattern when coming to a stop. I will hit the brakes and come to a stop and the car will do it's downshifts and once the car gets to a complete stop and the downshifts are done I get 2 idle surges like clockwork. The car must be at operating temperature for this to happen. My guess is in the software and transmission. I guess it's a waiting game until I hear back from BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Sucks when your car falls in the hands of people that don't know what they are doing. I can almost guarantee that the pump didn't need replacing.

My buddy who drives an n55 powered car with DCT, however, has experienced the long cranks sporadically. My guess? A DCT/software combination issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
CLV0009
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i 2015 BMW 328i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Sucks when your car falls in the hands of people that don't know what they are doing. I can almost guarantee that the pump didn't need replacing. This is not a common issue as it was with the n54 engines. My car has been running flawlessly for almost 21k miles, without a single long crank.

Well so far its been a week and no issues, no long cranks and power seems to be more available (more throtle response) so I'm thinking it was the fuel pump and I hope thats all it is.

Now is time for either JB3 or JB4 ...... choice..... I want something I can take off easily when I need to take the car back to BMW for service or anything else.