BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
bmw116ie87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e87lci 116i

Update Radio Business to Professional results in a Beep

Dear forum members,

Just like many of you, I'm not satisfied with my current Radio (business), I've bought an Radio Professional (second hand) and tried to connect that one.
After some trail and error I was able to remove my old Radio and connect the new one. However, once connected you can hear a beep every 2 seconds or so. This continues when the radio is off and ignition is on. Even when I turn the engine off it continues up to 1/2 minutes.

I discovered that the light in the cd player had exactly the same frequency as the beep, which made me thinking that it could be something to do with the alarm?

Please see both youtube movies to verify the beep and light (please put your speakers on max to hear it properly).

Has someone any clue how to solve this beep? Do I need to recode it or something? Or adjust something in the fusebox?

Thanks in advance.

Jeroen
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
SamelCamel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

That doesn't sound like a beep to me. It sounds like a power on "thump" from an amplifier. It sounds like it keeps turning the amp on and off.

-Sam
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 04:25 AM   #3
bmw116ie87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e87lci 116i

Thanks Sam. Gonna look into that.

Seems strange that it does not appear on my Radio Business. Do you think I need to change the fuse of the amplifier?
Appreciate 0