BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Interior Door Handle Plastic

So a question for you guys. I really need to do some cleaning/detailing to the inside of my car from the PO.

In the pic, what I am looking at is the plastic trim that surrounds and goes behind the door handle itself...not the lever.

My car has the Gray interior, and I wondered if this plastic piece can be taken off without removing the door panel. I'm assuming from dirty hands and such...it's been discolored for awhile. I found some new ones in my color that are pretty cheap.

I didn't know if there was a cap to access to actually remove this plastic piece while leaving the lever/handle in place. If the card needs removing, that's fine...but figured it better to ask.

I figured that any of you guys who had done interior swaps may know from experience.

Thanks,