BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #23
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
I hope so! I think there needs to be a 17x8.5 et45 offset. That way you can run a square setup with a nice fit in the back, and then add a 5-10mm spacer in front if needed to decrease your offset.
I think they had a thick spacer in the front, like 15mm or so, and none in the back, not sure what that calculates out to et wise. There was some minor interference between the tire and the plastic vents for the oil coolers, but nothing worrisome.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #24
BronkaidBrah
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashT View Post
See you at Pocono?

-No. 53
You doing the nasa event at mpact? If so I'll def see u there 💪
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #25
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by nje82 View Post
Yes the -1 option sounds great for autocross.. the setup would be 1" shorter than the 18" setup. i having a smaller circumference is better for autocross on this car, no? I found the tires, but on backorder.. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes will a 245 tire fit up front on stock suspension? i thought the max are 235s, then need to roll fenders and max negative camber.. if not this would be a great option..
Having a smaller circumference on a track car is better all around for handling. you lower the center of gravity for free.
      05-16-2021, 10:12 PM   #26
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Converted1 View Post
Good to hear about others enjoying their 1s with autox. I’ve been doing the Metro PCA events held out at Tobay Beach in Long Island. They are well run and enjoyable events. I’m not super competitive so I run my stock set up with altered tire pressures. There is usually a white 1M there although It might be a conversion.
When I lived by Tobay and the Coliseum I was a regular with Metro. I had a 944S2 (Koni sports only modification, street pads) with used tires my buddy who owned a tire shop sold me cheap. Fronts were from and Audi, rears from a BMW with different speed ratings.

In the middle of the day, the zone rep came by in his truck. I offered him my S2. He didnt walk the course, didnt get morning runs in, and clobbered my time. That wasnt surprising. I sucked then, and still do. But I have an excuse.

What was surprising was he was faster than many cars with R comps, with significantly more HP, and with suspensions set up for autox.

I think he was top 8 of about 60 cars. I have the times somewhere in a box i havent opened in about 16 years. Do what Henry does.