09-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
Go to a reputable installer. That's where all the problems are! It's not the product...it's the application of the product. For anyone in NC/SC...I can tell you where to go. Just PM me. I've taken the last 3 of my cars to the same place...and they do AMAZING work; with zero issues. Bubbles...are sort of...eh... If anything, water-ish bubbles are ok, because those will evaporate out. Air bubbles (if they are a little larger than then end of a ballpoint pen) could be an issue. Sounds like your issues are 100% installation issues dude...and that the installer didn't use enough soap/water mixture when applying the film!!
PM sent. I'm doing PCD sometime in November and would like to get the car done before I bring it back to ATL.

TIA.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Just got the lamin-x installed; the fit is flawless. If anyone's wary of this kit, don't be. Just make sure you have a competent installer.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #25
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

The installers near to me did a great job. No bubbles, etc. Did the rockers, leading edge of teh roof and a-Pillars, even the top of the rear bumper cover (along with mirrors, headlamps, etc.).

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.

Last edited by mattm; 10-14-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #26
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

VentureShield vs Xpel

I have no experience (yet) with either Lamin-X (Ventureshield) or Xpel. However, I've been talking to various PPF installers here in town in anticipation of my 1M arrival next month and the most knowledgeable installer told me the following:

1. 3M recently acquired VentureShield and revised the Ventureshield warranty to exclude yellowing.

2. Xpel Ultimate offers a 10 year warranty coverage for yellowing.

Anywho, this isn't to bash any particular product. It's just intended to help everyone make an informed decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #27
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

I forgot to mention it was the 3M product on my car.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0