E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

05-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #837
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
The E90 is "exciting"....I know....especially mine

You know....my E90's rattling problem is a nightmare now.....I am very scared......and the Lexus is said to be trouble-free and quiet interior. So, maybe it is a choice to ease my pain now.

My choice were the E90, Audi A4, MB c-class, and Lexus IS.....Audi A4 and C-class were out because a new model is due in 1 or 2 years...I almost bought the new IS because I thought they will have a Mark Levinson HiFi in the car (I am a fan of this brand)......but I feel as a car, it just cannot compare with a E90. Frankly, I still believe the E90 is the best car out of the four choices by far.....unless you get a problem car like I did.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #838
kelvinso
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 TiAg/Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
The E90 is "exciting"....I know....especially mine

You know....my E90's rattling problem is a nightmare now.....I am very scared......and the Lexus is said to be trouble-free and quiet interior. So, maybe it is a choice to ease my pain now.

My choice were the E90, Audi A4, MB c-class, and Lexus IS.....Audi A4 and C-class were out because a new model is due in 1 or 2 years...I almost bought the new IS because I thought they will have a Mark Levinson HiFi in the car (I am a fan of this brand)......but I feel as a car, it just cannot compare with a E90. Frankly, I still believe the E90 is the best car out of the four choices by far.....unless you get a problem car like I did.
If you still like E90, neogiate hard with BMWHK to get what you have paid for.....the baseline is: You should try first before giving up to Lexus.
IS is a good car but E90 is totally different......in my mind.
Anyway, all of us will support you to give BMWHK hard time in solving your issue!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #839
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
Lexus new IS? Not as exciting as the E90 IMO..... It's just a deluxe Toyota....
E90 is not the most comfortable, nor user-friendly , and not the most reliable car; but one thing to be sure, the ownership experience is no cars can compare. If he has got a Lexus, there is only one thing to be sure - BORING . No one will believe me, the fun factor of the 330i is comparable to my C55. I love the exhaust sound of the 330i and I actually recorded it in a 4th meet's video clip of my camera which is due to be posted to you guys soon as I can find a web space for a 7+ mb file.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #840
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
If you still like E90, neogiate hard with BMWHK to get what you have paid for.....the baseline is: You should try first before giving up to Lexus.
IS is a good car but E90 is totally different......in my mind.
Anyway, all of us will support you to give BMWHK hard time in solving your issue!!
BMWHK will have NO CHOICE but to fix this dcking problem real quick , or they will get our whole team of sht faces in front of there customer service counters every now and then.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #841
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Our team can flood their service "tunnel" in ToKwaWan.....
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #842
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
p, BTW, just returned from Kwai Chung garage, (this time you did not see my BD on the road ) and had my friend adjusted the shocks back to '2' or one step more stiffness (according to what I heard my friend told his boys to do so). During the test runs, I felt the stiffness is slightly stiffer not not as much as before I changed the springs settings. When I was driving home , it felt better . Of course, the hydrolic change adjustment will not be in full effect after some milege I am gonna do today. I am keeping the front and rear cold tire pressure to be 30 at this moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 01:00 AM   #843
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
E90 is not the most comfortable, nor user-friendly , and not the most reliable car; but one thing to be sure, the ownership experience is no cars can compare. If he has got a Lexus, there is only one thing to be sure - BORING . No one will believe me, the fun factor of the 330i is comparable to my C55. I love the exhaust sound of the 330i and I actually recorded it in a 4th meet's video clip of my camera which is due to be posted to you guys soon as I can find a web space for a 7+ mb file.

Yes, I have to admit Lexus is a BORING car.....I have lost interest in it even before I made the decision on the new car. That's why I chose an E90.

Last edited by rikuF10; 05-20-2006 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #844
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I have to admit Lexus is a BORING car.....I have lost interest in it even before I made the decision on the new car. That's why I chose an E90.
Hopefully you will have a trouble free E90 so you can finally enjoy it. You will understand why BMW's slogan are "The Ultimate Driving Machine" and "Sheer Driving Pleasure" after you drive it for a while...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:19 AM   #845
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
p, BTW, just returned from Kwai Chung garage, (this time you did not see my BD on the road ) and had my friend adjusted the shocks back to '2' or one step more stiffness (according to what I heard my friend told his boys to do so). During the test runs, I felt the stiffness is slightly stiffer not not as much as before I changed the springs settings. When I was driving home , it felt better . Of course, the hydrolic change adjustment will not be in full effect after some milege I am gonna do today. I am keeping the front and rear cold tire pressure to be 30 at this moment.
cnt, I didn't catch you this time Anyway, your garage is very close to my office so if you are going there often, then you may see me some where around......

So for your suspension setting, are you satisfied with it now? I think you should find a setting you like since PSS9 is adjustable..

Keep us informed
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:31 AM   #846
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
It is a pity for a good product to go bad....I believe a good car manufacturer should not only back up their products, but also care about their customers' satisfaction. There is no point of fixing tons of problem under warranty, but you are sure you will lose that customer at the end. When something gone bad, feel the situation as in their customer's shoes and be resonable. I don't believe all E90 are like mine, but there is a slight chance that you will win a Jackpot.....in this case, I did.

Let's say that if I haven't bought a car yet....I will still want to buy an E90. Even after this mess, I still think an E90 is the best out of the choices (problem-free of course). On one hand, I know I like the E90; on the other hand I don't want to buy from a dealer that made me so angry. Unless BMWHK gives an satisfactory anwser, this lemon will be my last bimmer in Hong Kong.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:32 AM   #847
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
rd and cntlaw,

are your office close to Kwai Chung? Me too. My office is very close to the photo cntlaw posted a while ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:34 AM   #848
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
rd and cntlaw,

are your office close to Kwai Chung? Me too. My office is very close to the photo cntlaw posted a while ago.
Riku, yes my office is very near that area but cnt's office isn't in Kwai Chung, only the garage that he goes is....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:36 AM   #849
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
Riku, yes my office is very near that area but cnt's office isn't in Kwai Chung, only the garage that he goes is....
Hi, neighbor!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #850
woo
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 323i collect on 13 Sep 06

Dear all,

Spend a lot of time to find a good E90 forum now I get it! Helllo! I just orderer a 323i today. My car is comming on Sep 06, still a long time to go. Hope I can join you guy after I get the car.

To RikuE90,
I fully understand your feeling about your car as my previous car (new car) also full of rattles. I am a picky man and I keep telling myself my case is not worst, finally I just get use to it. However as your car is not cheap, I agree you should fight for your rights. Sometime I think buying a car just like a lucky draw, some 100% problem free while some got problems. However, before I put my deposit, my first choice is Lexus. I checked to US, UK, Aut IS250 forum, their car also rattle like hell. So do not expect they are 100% rattle free.
Ken

Last edited by woo; 05-20-2006 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:28 AM   #851
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo
Dear all,

Spend a lot of time to find a good E90 forum now I get it! Helllo! I just orderer a 323i today. My car is comming on Sep 06, still a long time to go. Hope I can join you guy after I get the car.

To RikuE90,
I fully understand your feeling about your car as my previous car (new car) also full of rattles. I am a picky man and I keep telling myself my case is not worst, finally I just get use to it. However as your car is not cheap, I agree you should fight for your rights. Sometime I think buying a car just like a lucky draw, some 100% problem feel while some got problems. However, before I put my deposit, my first choice is Lexus. I checked to US, UK, Aut IS250 forum, their car also rattle like hell. So do not expect they are 100% rattle free.
Ken
Hi Ken,

Welcome to this forum and our Hong Kong team. Agreed w/ you that buying a car now is abit like lottery. Some cars are problem free and some are lemon..... Every car has rattles, but of course we as a consumer want it to be perfect after spending the hard earned bucks on it, buying a car should be the 2nd biggest investment you made in the course of your life. Of course the 1st is housing. I really hope that BMWHK can do something and compensate to Riku..

So, just curious. What colour combo you've ordered?

Nice to meet you

Last edited by RD Sport; 05-20-2006 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #852
woo
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 323i collect on 13 Sep 06

Hi,

My car is 323i in Sparkling Graphite, with Xenon and sports seat option. I order the Beige with Burr Walnut interior but I am very interest to get Lemon (not the car ) with Aluminium and black interior. What do you think? I am also consider to order sport suspension as well? Do you know how is it, good or not? Thanks

Ken
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #853
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo
Hi,

My car is 323i in Sparkling Graphite, with Xenon and sports seat option. I order the Beige with Burr Walnut interior but I am very interest to get Lemon (not the car ) with Aluminium and black interior. What do you think? I am also consider to order sport suspension as well? Do you know how is it, good or not? Thanks

Ken
Lemon looks extremely nice when it's clean but I think it's more difficult to maintain than other colours. kelvinso will know more as he has Lemon.

Have you also checked Terra? It has a very nice contrast......

For the sport suspension. I am not sure because I haven't tried it but one of our member said it's very bumpy and harsh.... but if you are looking for more handling, I think the sport suspension is a good option to get. It lowers the car 15mm too..

Last edited by RD Sport; 05-20-2006 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #854
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woo
Dear all,

To RikuE90,
I fully understand your feeling about your car as my previous car (new car) also full of rattles. I am a picky man and I keep telling myself my case is not worst, finally I just get use to it. However as your car is not cheap, I agree you should fight for your rights. Sometime I think buying a car just like a lucky draw, some 100% problem free while some got problems. However, before I put my deposit, my first choice is Lexus. I checked to US, UK, Aut IS250 forum, their car also rattle like hell. So do not expect they are 100% rattle free.
Ken
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I am almost as new here as you. The guys here are great!

Thanks for sharing with me that the Lexus also has rattling problems. I guess "Rattling" seems to be a standard feature with all cars.

I envy you that you have ordered the Xenon and the sport seats. The normal seat just can't give you the support when you are hard-driving it. I really regret that I didn't order the Xenon. Now, it cost a fortune to upgrade.

Also, looks like we will have the same Interior combinations.

Sport suspension.....RD, how's your B12 setup? I was planning to get this after the 6 month "tax" period. But now, have to re-think because of my "lucky incidence". I don't know whether I want to keep the car for long....or if I do, should I add a sport suspension to futher enchance the rattling...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 10:54 AM   #855
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I am almost as new here as you. The guys here are great!

Thanks for sharing with me that the Lexus also has rattling problems. I guess "Rattling" seems to be a standard feature with all cars.

I envy you that you have ordered the Xenon and the sport seats. The normal seat just can't give you the support when you are hard-driving it. I really regret that I didn't order the Xenon. Now, it cost a fortune to upgrade.

Sport suspension.....RD, how's your B12 setup? I was planning to get this after the 6 month "tax" period. But now, have to re-think because of my "lucky incidence". I don't know whether I want to keep the car for long....or add a sport suspension to futher enchance the rattling...
Riku,

My suspension setup now is Eibach pro-kit springs w/ Bilstein sport shocks. I originally bought the B12 kit but I found it abit too low for my taste so I bought another set of Eibach springs.

IMO, it's much much better than the stock setup. You have alot more confidence in corners.. For sure it is stiffer than stock but it's not too hard or harsh, just perfect for my taste.

True, sport suspension will enchance rattling. you have to be careful not to drive too fast on bumpy road, like Tai Hang Road! What an experience on our last night meet....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 10:54 AM   #856
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Guys,

Look what I have found inside the CD-player of my 325i....a free gift from BMWHK
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #857
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Someone must be enjoying my car for me during my few weeks of misery.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #858
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Guys,

Looks what I have found inside the CD-player of my 325i....a free gift from BMWHK
What the hack is that??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess you are very lucky Riku.... most bad things happens to you. Maybe you can consider to buy the "lucky 6"

Just kidding I guess you have to tell their service department manager about this.. :mad:
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread