BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
SLEEPYDUB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 621whp 24v VR6-T Jetta GLI

How do the aftermarket rear carbon fiber spoilers mount?

I have the M package on my 135, and it has the stock rear spoiler, but I was wanting to go with the carbon fiber one. When you mount this, do you have to take off the stock one, or does it go over it? And how do you take the stock one off without messing it up? And can you reinstall it if you want to?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
TPLSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Porsche GT4

If you do a quick search in the DIY forums, there's been plenty of threads. The stock lip needs to be removed first. I went the floss/fishing line route and got the old one off. Prepped the area and used 3M double sided tape to hold down the new CF spoiler. Some people use betalink (which is what BMW recommends), however it can get pretty messy and not to mention is pretty much permanent. I like the 3M double sided tape as it can be taken off if you decide to sell it later down the line. I've never had any issues with the 3M tape not holding up either in case you're wondering.

3M tape DIY - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211918

betalink DIY - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212096
Appreciate 0