BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #1
BruceThomas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: -

Passenger Restraint Malfunction - 93C8

Hi Guys,

2011 BMW 135i - 6MT.

Looking for some quick help from you all. If this is in the wrong section, please let me know where it should go/to look.

I installed a sunroof delete panel today, and have left the head liner out. The car will eventually become a road/track car.

However, when I started the car back up, I had the 'Passenger Restraint Malfunction' error.

Side note: I installed an M Performance steering wheel a few weeks ago, and after installation I had the same error come up. I was able to clear this error by completing a re-flash via the MHD app. The error code went away and did not return.

However, this time, the MHD re-flash method has not worked and the error remains.

I have BimmerGeeks Protool and have read the code as: 93C8 Airbag front sensor left

I cannot identify in Protool which parameter to enable/disable to clear this code.

Can anybody help out?

NOTE: I also had an error code for the passenger airbag light not being detected, as it was now removed via the headliner. I was able to identify and clear this parameter.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
Tworl28
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2010 BMW  [0.00]
I had this come up when the replacement M steering wheel had a single stage air bag - had to be coded out after dealer programmed the car and the airbag light came up. Client purchased the car and already had the wheel installed so he thought the dealer caused the problem.
Appreciate 0