BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #265
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
Haha, I found a bruise on my leg from being your passenger Don.
Sorry dude! I had heaps fun. Enjoyed your xbox controller technique into corners but effective
Lol. Do share !!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #266
chrissetriple
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, Triumph Speed Triple

To echo Alpine's comment - thanks for all your hard work Steve, it was a special day!

It's not every day that you get to thrash an M3 around Phillip Island, I really enjoyed chasing the instructor and getting the car out of shape occasionally!

It was great to meet fellow 1M fans, and the day was more enjoyable because of it.

Cheers

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #267
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

It was good meeting you guys on thurs night and on Friday.

Steve, thanks for organising this and the length you went to to ensure it happened without hiccups. I've done a few of these things before, but never with a group of guys who know each other already and it makes a difference.

One thing I am not sure about though, is the motorkhana time they announced. John was the clear winner, but there were two high 42s in my group (Jeff and Ian) and I was also in low 43s. But we didn't feature in the ranking. Seems like it was the times for the first group only. In any case it didn't matter because the only guy who got the bag was the clear winner anyway. Hats off to alpine!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #268
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
It was good meeting you guys on thurs night and on Friday.

Steve, thanks for organising this and the length you went to to ensure it happened without hiccups. I've done a few of these things before, but never with a group of guys who know each other already and it makes a difference.

One thing I am not sure about though, is the motorkhana time they announced. John was the clear winner, but there were two high 42s in my group (Jeff and Ian) and I was also in low 43s. But we didn't feature in the ranking. Seems like it was the times for the first group only. In any case it didn't matter because the only guy who got the bag was the clear winner anyway. Hats off to alpine!
The motorkhana was fun.

John's time of 42.4? secs was the standout. He was very consistent from his first go - 44+ secs and improved with every attempt.

Must run in his family, cos Dianne improved with every attempt from 51+secs to 44+secs. Pretty impressive.

The rest of us did 42.6?, 43.1? and 46.? secs.

Andrew has to take home the prize for the braking + avoidance test!! Young blood pumping away
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #269
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d

Quote:
+1 well said. I felt i was the luckiest person there. Getting side coaching and able to observe a driver that has so much experience on PI. It made the learning and experience much more enjoyable !!

Quote:
We needed 1 more run Way to perfect the technique !! I noticed Mr&Mrs had the sunroof open, silly aircon might be costing everyone in the group that 0.5s hehehe
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #270
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Just like to say I had great fun and thanks for all the Melbournian's hospitality for the few days we are in town. The course was fun and was run very well by BMW.

It is great finally put a face to everyone we have known for so long!

From here, I would be interested to organise more track days etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #271
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oystero View Post
Lol. Do share !!
Lol, as in driving with total disregard for life/assuming M3's come standard with a restart button

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
Andrew has to take home the prize for the braking + avoidance test!! Young blood pumping away
I told you Don, I was aiming for the OTHER cone!

Quote:
We got in the low 43s too, but we didn't get mentioned either. Did anyone use the handbrake for the U-turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
From here, I would be interested to organise more track days etc.
Sooo.... M fascination next week?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #272
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Hello!

Sorry I've been MIA, been busy putting about 1000s on the Great Ocean Road in a Cooper S - man what fun!

Had an absolute ball on the day with all you gents and was lovely to meet all of you. The track was just gorgeous and I loved the transitions, would be great to go back with something I'm familiar with.

I think Ian & I are now officially on the no fly list at BMW. Poorly guilt by association on my part of course...

Lastly and most importantly, a huge thank you to Steve. You did a brilliant job putting it all together and the whole lot ran so well. I am so sorry for the hassles you went through and I hope it broke even in the end. You should join TimMc this weekend and make your way up here so I can repay the favour!