BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
1st2nd8th
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Installing Harman Kardon on 128i with professional radio base sound system.

Just as stated above.

I know it's possible and I'm gonna attempt to do it this weekend once I got the speakers. As for the coding, I know how to add the vo $688A to the vehicle order but i don't know which module do i write it.

I currently have:
Kardon Harman 65 12 9 218 086
Wiring harness including fiber optic
Kardon Harman speakers including the 2 bass under the seat (10 speakers total)

I have a problem with the positive wire of the amp, i don't know where to plug it and I don't know what bracket to use since i only have base sound system.

I will post pictures soon.

Edit:
I installed the speakers and the harman kardon amplifier so i had to rewire all of them with the new wires leaving the original wires from the stereo and wired the fiber optic to the MOST bus loop so the head unit(BMW Professional w/o iDrive) will read the amp.

Unfortunately, i couldn't find the power wire for the amplifier so i just wired it to the main battery and it worked.

Coding is required. You can use NCSexpert. You should be able to download it from bimmergeeks.net.
Just add $688 to CAS and FRM. Don't delete $633 as that is your radio. Remember this is for OEM HARMAN/KARDON.

After coding, you should be able to see logic7 equalizer on you head unit.

I will make a video soon so you can easily folow.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1st2nd8th; 03-29-2020 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0