BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
davemohan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

LeatherZ 1 Series Extended Leather Package

Has anyone purchased, installed, or seen the LeatherZ 1 Series Extended Leather Package?

http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/mercha...E82_Appearance

I am considering this because I am in the process of buying a 135 that is "on the boat". Exactly what I wanted, except for the High Gloss Black trim, so I went for it to save a couple of months. I'm wondering about the fit, finish, craftmanship and installation. And what's with the "ashtray delete"?

Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Ben Carufel
Rep
Drives:

I have experience with Andy and Jon Maddux, the owners of LeatherZ, through my Z3 M Coupe ownership. They are both incredibly detail oriented guys and every product I have ever seen from them has been absolutely, positively top notch.

They do not sell shoddy workmanship or subpar leather products. Their stuff is perfect, and I consider myself a perfectionist.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
davemohan
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the input, Ben! They seem to have an excellent reputation here and elsewhere or I wouldn't even be considering buying, and in fact I very recently placed an order for a couple of other items from LeatherZ. I had tried to call Andy a couple of times and he returned my call even though he was out of the shop.

I was really looking more for experience with this specific product, particularly in the installation area from a user perspective. Also, covered trim pieces can sometimes have fit or appearance issues no matter how well they are made, so I wanted to find out what others might have seen.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Having seen his their work on a few MZ3's, it's impeccable. If you ask them if there are any fitment issues, they'll be honest and tell you. I know they've not made products, even when asked for, because they know it would have fitment issues.

Search on bimmerforums, bimmerfest, or roadfly for people talking about LeatherZ. I bet you'll be hard pressed to find any negative posts about them.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemohan View Post
Thanks for the input, Ben! They seem to have an excellent reputation here and elsewhere or I wouldn’t even be considering buying, and in fact I very recently placed an order for a couple of other items from LeatherZ. I had tried to call Andy a couple of times and he returned my call even though he was out of the shop.

I was really looking more for experience with this specific product, particularly in the installation area from a user perspective. Also, covered trim pieces can sometimes have fit or appearance issues no matter how well they are made, so I wanted to find out what others might have seen.
I can mail you a cd with high resolution pictures if you like. Or you are welcome to ask a Cincinnati 1er to drop by and look at my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

I was one of Jon & Andy's first "Individual" customers way back in the day. It was on my '99 Z3 2.8l. I was more than pleased with the service and workmanship of the whole package.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #7
davemohan
United_States
Rep

Thanks to all for the endorsements of LeatherZ. Doesn't sound like anyone here has actually purchased or seen the 1 series package; I may be the first!

My car is due in the end of this week, and it will probably be a little while before I'm ready to remove trim, ship it off, and wait for it to return. But when I'm ready to really do something I'll give you a call Andy and we can figure out if this is something I want to get into.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Looks beautiful. Nice work LeatherZ
Appreciate 0