BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #23
vitig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
You will never get the subframe low enough to get the front bushings in. They go in from the top. It might work on the rears, but no way on the fronts. And you run the risk of putting a lot of stress on the lines if you leave them connected. I just used two line clamps on the rubber, and a zip lock baggie over them to not make a mess. It's only a minute or two to disconnect them. That's really the only way, IMHO.

Take a look at the last picture with the hoseclamp. That's the passenger side. That gives you an idea of how far it needs to drop.
it´s right . is necessary more drop than when i mounted the sway bar.
135ijb3, h & r filter, SSK, CDV,clutch stop, klracing fmic,seccond catted ,225-255 michelin ps3, E93F-E92R swaybars.M3 parts front.M3 tension rear.Plates mod(F-2,0º R-1,5º).Bilstein + stock springs.Ps rotors.Subframe bushings.Weichers fstruut.Finally mods sdiff and raceland dp.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I had the M3 rear sub frame bushings installed on my 135i. BEST money I ever spent on the suspension. Not only did it firm up the rear suspension which felt like rubbands were holding it in place... but now my front suspension seems to work much better too!

Dackel's replacement of rear suspension OE bushings with M3 ones…
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...1#post11189793
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I had the M3 rear sub frame bushings installed on my 135i. BEST money I ever spent on the suspension. Not only did it firm up the rear suspension which felt like rubbands were holding it in place... but now my front suspension seems to work much better too!

Dackel's replacement of rear suspension OE bushings with M3 ones…
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...1#post11189793
Which would help more for helping the car stay planted: Bushings or Control Arms? (planning my next suspension mod)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Which would help more for helping the car stay planted: Bushings or Control Arms? (planning my next suspension mod)
Well... I did the bushings first(!) bc I felt they were more essential to how the car handles.

The M3/1M control arms are in my future.

The one thing I really hated about the stock 135i suspension was how the rear end would wiggle and wag when going over minor bumps or pot holes or man hole covers in the road. Now that is all gone.

The other thing that drove me mad was how when you would get on the power in mod turn or while corning hard... the rear end would go all wild and it was hard to predict what it would do or which direction the rear end would slide out. It wasn't very confidence inspiring.

Now the car drives like a real machine. Ready to carve up the twisties! I really can not say enough good things about these bushings. I really ought to buy the rest of the M3 suspension bits to finish out the M package.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #27
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Well... I did the bushings first(!) bc I felt they were more essential to how the car handles.

The M3/1M control arms are in my future.

The one thing I really hated about the stock 135i suspension was how the rear end would wiggle and wag when going over minor bumps or pot holes or man hole covers in the road. Now that is all gone.

The other thing that drove me mad was how when you would get on the power in mod turn or while corning hard... the rear end would go all wild and it was hard to predict what it would do or which direction the rear end would slide out. It wasn't very confidence inspiring.

Now the car drives like a real machine. Ready to carve up the twisties! I really can not say enough good things about these bushings. I really ought to buy the rest of the M3 suspension bits to finish out the M package.
That sounds to be exactly what I need to solve my issues. The suspension I have on the car is decent but it doesn't feel exactly confidence inspiring. I have had some awkward incidents that I didn't expect which match what you described. Where can I find a good price on a set of bushings?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Where can I find a good price on a set of bushings?
Harold at HP Autowerks, or Dan at United BMW or Jason at Tischer or any of the other Bimmerpost sponsors can hook you up.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Harold at HP Autowerks, or Dan at United BMW or Jason at Tischer or any of the other Bimmerpost sponsors can hook you up.
Vielen Dank!

(Acht hundert acht und achtzig)

Last edited by Venom; 01-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: 888
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
1Pirate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I finally ordered M3 sub frame bushings. I'm having them installed next Tuesday along with M3 rear upper links. I already have the M3 rear guide rods. I can't wait to see what the car is going to drive like with ths suspension finally sorted out.