BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
CBLW
Private
Rep
Drives:

Question OCD Question About Accelerator

Hi all, so call me crazy, but this issue is driving me nuts, and I had to get some feedback! So, my car is only a couple of months old, but I have noticed some icky wear and tear on the very bottom of my accelerator (you know, the plastic pad part that bolts into the floor of the car through the carpet). Mostly it looks like small scuff marks (possibly from the vacuum cleaner -- grrr!) and light scratching from my foot.

My question is, is there any way that I can either remove the scuffs/marks, or replace that piece of the accelerator? Can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to do so? Also, I have seen other fancier pedal sets available for purchase on the BMW accessory website -- would purchasing a set of those eliminate this problem by replacing the floor piece with a new one, or would the new pedals simply sit on top of the scuffed piece?

Sorry, I know that this problem sounds ridiculous, and if EVERYONE thinks that I'm being idiotic, than it honestly wouldn't hurt to tell me that too. lol Maybe I'll chill if everyone is in the same boat...

Also -- I'd like to have my car's carpets cleaned. Would you guys recommend that I wait to do that until I deal with this problem, or before?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

You need metal pedals. Take a look at this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5784

Or is it the metal plate attached to the baseboard? If that is the case, you would need to replace the part by finding it on realoem.com, it would probably happen again, and you should be committed. :wink:

If you can clean your floor mats without water, do so, they will last longer and work better. Wash with water as little as possible. I have no idea why, but I've heard this from multiple upholsterers, detailers, and various other breeds of OCD car people.

Appreciate 0