12-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #67
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Should see me a 30mile round trip avoiding the city centre .....
What happened Aussie? Lonely 1M at the Ace Cafe. All these bikers think I'm fresh city boy meat!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #68
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Love the few additions you have made Aussie. I thought I'd probably be the only "virgin" 1M in the world with no options and no additions, but having seen your grill, spoiler, pedals and what ever the thing on the side is called in gloss black, I doubt I will keep her unadulterated for much longer. Also amazing to see how much cleaner your car looked on such a wet, dirty day. A great advert for the clay/wax etc you have been using. Definately plan to take you up on the offer to attack my car in feb.

Great to meet you. Happy New Year.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #69
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

C'mon folks. Where's the photographic evidence!

Hoep it went well!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #70
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmez View Post
Love the few additions you have made Aussie. I thought I'd probably be the only "virgin" 1M in the world with no options and no additions, but having seen your grill, spoiler, pedals and what ever the thing on the side is called in gloss black, I doubt I will keep her unadulterated for much longer. Also amazing to see how much cleaner your car looked on such a wet, dirty day. A great advert for the clay/wax etc you have been using. Definately plan to take you up on the offer to attack my car in feb.

Great to meet you. Happy New Year.

Nice to catch up mate and thanks for sorting the coffee's ; )

Shame about the bloody weather though, my 13miles turned into one hell of a long drive home, London drivers are the worst at the best of times, throw some rain into the mix and lmfao

Anyways give me a shout when you have a spare Sat in Feb mate and we will give your paint an attack with a bit of old fashion elbow grease and you to can have a AW 1M looking as bright as mine lol, best you build yourself a garage to make it as easy as mine lol

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 12-30-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #71
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

So, I'll be doing a trip to the south coast tomorrow. Via east London. Aussie I might well be crawling past you in London Bridge any chance of a welcome committee?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #72
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

P.s I have a mate in the Met who tells me that one fifth of London drivers don't hold a UK license.

I think that's being conservative.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #73
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
So, I'll be doing a trip to the south coast tomorrow. Via east London. Aussie I might well be crawling past you in London Bridge any chance of a welcome committee?
Heads up, Tower Bridge is closed, bloody buggers , stay away from the south side with all the traffic being forced through to the Rotherhithe Tunnel, play it safe and just stay out of London altogether
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #74
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Nice to catch up mate and thanks for sorting the coffee's ; )

Shame about the bloody weather though, my 13miles turned into one hell of a long drive home, London drivers are the worst at the best of times, throw some rain into the mix and lmfao

Anyways give me a shout when you have a spare Sat in Feb mate and we will give you paint an attack with a bit of old fashion elbow grease and you to can have a AW 1M looking as bright as mine, best you build yourself a garage to make it as easy as mine lol
I thought about popping in to see if any of you were there, as I was passing through Hanger Lane about 3pm ish.... but only having a 135i, I didn't want to lower the tone of the meet
      12-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #75
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
I thought about popping in to see if any of you were there, as I was passing through Hanger Lane about 3pm ish.... but only having a 135i, I didn't want to lower the tone of the meet

No tones being lowered at all mate, you are more than welcome and plenty of parking available ; )

We was there around the time you was passing through Hanger Lane, keep an eye out for the next time we have a catch up at the Ace......
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #76
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
eh

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #77
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
No tones being lowered at all mate, you are more than welcome and plenty of parking available ; )

We was there around the time you was passing through Hanger Lane, keep an eye out for the next time we have a catch up at the Ace......
I'm only 10 mins down the road anyway, and the Ace has become like a 2nd home over the years, being a motorcyclist
(probably even be there tomorrow night for NYE )
      12-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #78
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
Heads up, Tower Bridge is closed, bloody buggers , stay away from the south side with all the traffic being forced through to the Rotherhithe Tunnel, play it safe and just stay out of London altogether
Oh b*****cks.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 04:06 AM   #79
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
Pics in cold, grey sidewards rain? You may just have been able to make out the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #80
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 05:56 AM   #81
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Sorry I couldnt get out of work in time to make this meet, when is it going to stop raining.
Will organise a weekend date in the new year and hopefully get a good turn out then.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #82
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds good mate, will be up for that.....
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #83
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Those pics may look like the rain bouncing off your car - mix in a bucket of country road dirt and you've got mine.

Had my first "pull alongside and give the big " today - Golf GTi on North Circ. Then my first 1 series envy. Chap in black 135 with girlfriend pulled up, had a look and slammed on the pedal. I was tempted, but mrs reigned me in. Main problem, it was just outside the house, so am sure we'll meet again and won't always have mrs M with me.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #84
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

its only the start mate lol
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #85
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Haha I had a Focus RS trying to park in my boot the other night. Let's just say that my little remapped 1M seriously embarrassed him. It was almost comical...as if he was going backwards

Anyway, back on topic, sorry I couldn't make the meet either. A combination of my 6 month old daughter, my wife and my family wanting to see me whilst I wasn't at work made it hard to get out. However I'm definately around for a meet this year and also a trackday event as well

Jus post the dates and I'll be there
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #86
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1m v/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Haha I had a Focus RS trying to park in my boot the other night. Let's just say that my little remapped 1M seriously embarrassed him. It was almost comical...as if he was going backwards

Anyway, back on topic, sorry I couldn't make the meet either. A combination of my 6 month old daughter, my wife and my family wanting to see me whilst I wasn't at work made it hard to get out. However I'm definately around for a meet this year and also a trackday event as well

Jus post the dates and I'll be there
Are there any preference on track for the trackday? I would like to avoid silverstone myself it's a bit boring IMO and more than a little overpriced! But I will go with the majority! I can even arrange some instruction on the day if required
      01-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #87
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Unfortunately I would only be available for a track day in my astra opc as thats what it's been built for and I don't think the misses would allow me to use 'her' 1M out on track lol

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #88
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmatt View Post
Are there any preference on track for the trackday? I would like to avoid silverstone myself it's a bit boring IMO and more than a little overpriced! But I will go with the majority! I can even arrange some instruction on the day if required
Fortunately I've had access to a lot of trackday content from my previous affiliation with the Lotus community, but I never actually got around to going along.

Depends if people want to do an "out and out track day" or if they'd like to give their cars a go at an airfield event? Bedford Autodrome has always been somewhere I've quite fancied trying. Snetterton has too many straights, so I'd probably avoid that. Brands or Silverstone are OK if you can get booked into them. Rockingham can be quite good as it has that wet skid pan area to play on (not sure if that can be booked along with a track day). Or there are various airfields that open up and do "track days" where you can hoon the car around.

I'm quite relaxed on where everyone would want to go, but I don't want to drive miles to get there if possible. Therefore anyone like Oulton Park, Donnington, Croft, Castle Combe are out for me.
Appreciate 0