BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #45
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Won't the 255 front also rub without modification of the fender liner? The new version of the fender liner may be better (posted in another thread). Have you been able to fit 255/35 19 PSS on a 1M without the modified fender liner?
Yes, we have. We may want to take this discussion to a different thread as it starts to steer away from the main topic

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=16
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #46
redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep
Drives: Bwm and such

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Redux - quick question - was that John Mueller or you driving the car in the video?

Harold - I agree that bigger contact patch at the back aids in applying power, however the biggest drawback is the inability to rotate the tires fully. This becomes a legitimate issue as track time increases. Most M3 guys run 275 square because of this.
That was John driving. I'm stuck in the UAE for the few months, so he's going to deal a few thing while I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Redux - let me know when you're headed out next - I'd love to give you a little competition!
BTW - My only suspension mods are lowering springs (for more camber) and Vorshlag plates. I don't think the car 'snap' oversteers at all compared with other vehicles, but it does rotate more quickly than the M3. Putting power down on exit is the most challenging aspect of driving the car.
I may try to rent out Big Willow or Chuckwalla for a weekday test a tune session when I get back to the states in May. You're welcome to some track time if the dates work out. Until then, car is finally going to get the stock pile of parts I purchased for it installed. John will probably get in a few track sessions to dial the car in before get a chance to drive it.

.... and your inbox is full

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
That is the main reason I recommend a staggered setup with the widest possible wheel and tire combo for the rear of the 1M or M3.
Thanks for joining in on the conversation. It's nice to have someone that makes a living dealing with this kind of stuff providing input in this thread.

Last edited by redux; 01-26-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #47
redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
275 front and 295 will fit fine, but may want to consider wider wheels to support the wider tires. Otherwise, just go up to 265 front and 285 rear on 35 aspect ratio PSS.

Camber plates will give the 1M the much needed camber and reduce some or maybe all of the understreer.
The corner entry understeer was the only thing that truly annoyed me about the stock car. Adding some camber seemed to resolve that issue. But the motons where on and the rear sway bar was already gone at that point, so I can't give the it the additional camber all the credit.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
Blue55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post

.... and your inbox is full
Fixed that and PMed you.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #49
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
The corner entry understeer was the only thing that truly annoyed me about the stock car. Adding some camber seemed to resolve that issue. But the motons where on and the rear sway bar was already gone at that point, so I can't give the it the additional camber all the credit.
Have you mentioned your rear spring rates and damper setting in a previous thread? Knowing them will help you help other knowledgeable suspension experts here to better help you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #50
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I played around with going with more tire at the rear for an autocross this past weekend.. 285/30/18 up front on 10" and 315/30/18 on rear on 10.5"

Results inconclusive with respect to final but I will try them again soon. I was struggling with the course in the morning runs (too many cones! ) and finally had a seriously hot run going when my charge pipe failed. Yes. of course I would have changed it in the past had it actually failed on me.....

Anyway... cool photos available...

Test Fit at my bro's home

315/30/18 Hoosier A6

plenty of room for more tire back here... 335 anyone?

oops..... this bigger caboose will take a little bit of getting used to!

I'm hoping to do some data collection on square vs staggered front/rear and will report back soon if the summer heat holds off for a bit..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-25-2014 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 03:43 AM   #51
redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
Wow, you shoehorned a 315 under there. It looks like there may be enough space me to clear the coil-overs on the rear of my car. I'm going to have to try that with a set of g-force Rivals 275/315
Appreciate 0