BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

07-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
JejuneLegume
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

United BMW of Roswell Apologizes for Perf Suspension Install Fiasco

United BMW of Roswell has issued an apology for a performance suspension install fiasco. United BMW installed only half of the components of a performance suspension, then repeatedly demanded an additional $1,500 to complete the install with all advertised, required components.

Further examination of United BMW's work revealed the four wheel alignment performed as part of the suspension install was completely FUBAR'd; the rear suspension was not installed correctly as strut nuts and washers were not installed in the correct sequence; several nuts had been rounded off; and United BMW had charged twice as much labor as suggested by the BMW service manual.

United BMW complicated all attempts to resolve the matter by insisting the FUBAR alignment was within BMW specifications and by aggressively insisting that a different suspension package had been installed, not the advertised suspension package that was requested to be installed.

Surreptitiously delivering a substantially inferior product at an advertised price is an egregious form of a bait-and-switch sales tactic.

United BMW further complicated efforts to resolve the matter by refusing to issue a partial refund for the deficient work. United BMW insisted that my car must be surrendered to United BMW's management and service personnel for remediation. The same management that had repeatedly demanded an additional $1,500 to complete the install with all required components; had charged twice as much labor as the BMW service procedure suggests; and the same service personnel that had FUBAR'd an alignment and had completed a performance suspension install with only half of the components.

The matter had to be escalated to United BMW's parent organization before an agreement was reached to refund all labor costs upon return of the BMW performance suspension components.

Maybe it would have been more appropriate to have issued this apology on this board, along with some indication why it took over six months to realize the events described above warrant an apology.
      07-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
JejuneLegume,

As on Bimmerfest, we're sorry that the situation panned out the way it did. You were granted a full refund and an apology was issued by our GM upon us receiving the suspension kit back (November 2011), but also in our Bimmerfest post (above) in May 2012. Again, sorry the situation went sour. Enjoy your BMW 135i!

Daniel Miles
United BMW
      07-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

nice sig bro

edit: and avatar LOL

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 07-16-2012 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread