BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

DIY request: Rear wall panels

Hi guys, I'm looking to remove and replace the rear wall panels (behind the door panels where the rear passengers sit) and I came up with nothing from search and google...

Anyone done this/done a tear down of the car that shows the process?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Sfvalley135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

peel back the weather stripping on the door, give panel a few tugs and it will release from the 4 white clips holding it and about 3 metal clips that hold it near the window.

Ive only removed the panel with my rear seat removed... it might be tight on space with the seats in place. To remove the bottom portion of the seat, just tug hard upwards on the corners of the seat and it will release from the clip that holds it.

Sometimes when you remove the door panel, the white clips might stay on the body... Remove the clips and attach them back on the door panel for installation. If you break the white clip, it costs about $1 at the dealer.
Appreciate 0