BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Performance figures comparing the A45 to the 1er M.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
If this hasn't been posted, found this interesting from the German car forums.

Great showing for the 1M. Look at that brutal in gear flexibility!!

Link if interested in the brief discussion.

http://www.**************.com/commun...a45-amg.49632/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 03:41 AM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Wow ! The 1M's numbers show its magic !
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
ace11
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

i really think the A45 AMG would be an awesome car... but the price tag is just way too high for a hatchback...
      03-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

I think AMG is a frustration being the newest car among these and also with the highest output (on paper of course), state of the art engine in addition to its highest price.

1M comes third in acceleration but if you look closely it catches up well with the speeds climbing; it has the best overall in-gear flexibility and handling/lapping record, and second in braking after the AMG. Overall, it looks the sportiest and best all around car among those.

Plus, just put a set of fresh PSS on the stock car and it would do everything even better including getting neck to neck in acceleration with those auto/dct and launch control equipped cars.

We are not even talking about the 'fun factor' yet, since that is the only rwd with a manual and lsd in that bunch.

Hope whoever designs/plans the future M2 reflects about this and similar reviews and comparos before going to the direction of 'what competition does'. They should just invest on what they (BMW M) already accomplished.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 03-14-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I think AMG is a frustration being the newest car among these and also with the highest output (on paper of course), state of the art engine in addition to its highest price.

1M comes third in acceleration but if you look closely it catches up well with the speeds climbing; it has the best overall in-gear flexibility and handling/lapping record, and second in braking after the AMG. Overall, it looks the sportiest and best all around car among those.

Plus, just put a set of fresh PSS on the stock car and it would do everything even better including getting neck to neck in acceleration with those auto/dct and launch control equipped cars.

We are not even talking about the "fun factor" yet, since that is the only rwd with a manual and lsd in that bunch.

Hope whoever designs/plans the future M2 reflects about this and similar reviews and comparos before going to the direction of 'what competition does'. They should just invest on what they (BMW M) already accomplished.
Amen to this!!

This 'fun factor' as you describe is for me the most important element in our 1M's and in any car.
For me a car needs to get under my skin.

The 1M in its own magical way does and leaves you wanting for more every single time you've driven her.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Got curious and checked whole list from fastest laps site for Sachsenring track. Guess what? The new M235i is also there already and did a 1:40.90, identical with the the E9X M3 but slower than the A45 and 1M.

Yes, the same non-M car which is 'faster than the old 1M' (admittedly they said that regarding the Nurburgring but still the word was there) according to some marketing folks and their real world believers. And this is despite its newer/better tires (PSS). Still, it did very respectable by matching an M3 time, not bashing it at all. IMO it looks like it did what it could.

1M is a sub 1:40 car there for sure with just the proper tires (not talking R compunds) fitted, maybe even a sub 1:39 as we all know now how limited is/was the performance of the PS2 on the 1M.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpro View Post
Amen to this!!

This 'fun factor' as you describe is for me the most important element in our 1M's and in any car.
For me a car needs to get under my skin.

The 1M in its own magical way does and leaves you wanting for more every single time you've driven her.
Yes indeed. I feel better when I am parked in my garage or just sitting at the red lights waiting with the 1M compared to driving on an open highway with most other cars
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Precisely, the 1M has been to me, a car which made me stop looking at performance figures and helped me realise that what 'I' want and value in a car is how it makes me feel, how much it makes me smile, in the enjoyment it brings to what, in something else, may have been a very mundane journey.

Here is a car with an LSD, rear drive only, and a clutch pedal without variation, it was never built for ultimate 0-60s or 0-100s, it's a driver's car. Yet look at these numbers.

Impressive little car indeed, I recently (for shts and giggles), test drove both a Carrera 4S and a Cayman S, and when you drive impressive cars like that and are not overly impressed, it speaks volumes of the car that you drove up in. Because I know they're incredible, yet when I got back in the 1M, I was pleased.

Hold on to them gents. She's a pearler.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
Hobbe
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: AW E82 1M

It even gets better with 400+ PS and semi-slicks.
Brutal. Me like
Appreciate 0