E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Armrest power outlet dimensions 3-series

01-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
u2jrmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Armrest power outlet dimensions 3-series

I am trying to figure out if I will be able to plug in a power adaptor for my ipod into the armrest and still be able to close the armrest. Can anyone point me to or give me an idea of the dimensions?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
you will be able to close the armrest if you use the belkin power adapter or the monster power adapter. i prefer the belkin power adapter due to the fact that it has a line in input with variable volume control. the belkin adapter usually retails for 39.99, but i was able to get one off of ebay for under $10 shipped. good luck.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

I purchased the Belkin in Black to match the car and a black nano.

Apart from the separate volume control there are two other reasons the Belkin is sweet

- the aux port from the charger to the car is on the charger itself (the part that plugs in to the 12v socket). This is very neat for connecting to the aux port on the car. [on the Monster this aux port is on the dock connect so you have 2 messy cables going from the iPod instead of 1)

- because the belkin has 1 thin (ish) wire to the iPod, it is just about possible to close the armrest with some gentle pressure and have the iPod in the cubbyhole behing the gearshift (assuming you don't have iDrive).

If you are ordering a neat aux cable, consider the 8" gold-plated one from Sound Professionals mentioned elsewhere on this forum. It is perfect for the E90 setup.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
u2jrmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Thanks for the info from both of you. I have the remote on the headphone line so I hope I can get the wire out and back in without squishing it too much.
Appreciate 0