BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #23
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Break in procedure? what rubbish. WOT from day 1 - harden up. the only thing ill be doing is ensuring the car is warm before i do that and ensuring it cools down properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #24
Ferdinand
Rep
Drives:

Since february 2008 I own a 135i. I felt no difference at all between the first miles, compared to now (6.500 kilometers = miles ?). It's all imagination, if you feel any difference. In the beginning, the care drove lovely and it still does.

I do feel a difference between a cold and warm engine. The warm engine does give better performance.

Ferdinand
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #25
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
Since february 2008 I own a 135i. I felt no difference at all between the first miles, compared to now (6.500 kilometers = miles ?). It's all imagination, if you feel any difference. In the beginning, the care drove lovely and it still does.

I do feel a difference between a cold and warm engine. The warm engine does give better performance.

Ferdinand
You think that ALL of us that have posted here are just using our imagination? HA, HA! You've got to be kidding!

Perhaps you are simply disconnected too much from your car, and you just can't feel the difference like so many others can! Or, perhaps your "lovely" drive, as you call it, isn't one that ever really puts your foot into it! I don't know why you don't experience the difference like the rest of us... But...

I have no doubt whatsoever that my 135i's engine has gotten smoother. And I believe all the other posters that have reported a similar experience... even on other BMWs some of them have owned.

My Porsche has clearly done the same thing, but it took the Porsche about 5,000 thousand miles before it became really noticeable.

Sorry, man... but I'm sticking with the facts here. This engine is getting smoother and smoother and smoother.
      04-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #26
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Most cars tested new and at 40k miles shows at 40k miles the car was faster.
Appreciate 0