BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I 2006 Lotus Elise

CMGS Technical: 52 MM failsafe gauge with "map switching" ability.

BACKGROUND:

Most of you know Coolingmist started in businses in 2004. In 2008 we began design on our new generation of kits. CMGS as it would become known as stands for Coolingmist Gauge System. For Coolingmist, rehashing whats already on the market was not an option. It was our goal to design something that was truely special from an enthusiast point of view, but with flawless engineering. In early 2009 we released CMGS which led us to our latest enhancement CMGS-FS.

PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD:

This thread is designed to show you how our system works, advantages of our system over other designs and other details to help let the customer understand how to use our system but also to make sure its the right system for you. Since this is a technical forum, please PM us for pricing or see us in the commercial section rather than ask in this thread. Any technical questions to this product, please ask them in this thread.

HOW CMGS FS BMW WORKS

Coolingmist Gauge System Fail Safe is a water methanol injection system like no other on the market. This particular model is designed specifically for the BMW platform and enhanced further for the JB3 (although can be used with any tune or even stock vehicle). In a nutshell, the CMGS injects water/alcohol mix into your engine under load. This mixture evaporates soaking up the heat giving your BMW colder intake charge temps, combustion temps and this leads to a more complete burn allowing more power and a safer tune. In essecence, you can go further, do more faster and better with our kit.

WHAT MAKES CMGS-FS DIFFERENT THAN OTHER KITS?

We had several goals in mind for CMGS-FS, these were designed to make our kit easier to install, more reliable and cost effective. Lets discuss in detail what sets us apart.

1) simplicity
CMGS FS is what we call our "ALL IN ONE" design. A single 52 MM gauge is our progressive variable controller, flow based failsafe, boost gauge and flow gauge. No other product on the market combines these features into one small package.

2) ease of install
With the all in one design, you can install the CMGS easy. With other kits on the market you will have to mount a progressive controller, failsafe box, boost gauge and flow gauge. Diagram will be displayed later in this thread. See this diagram and compare to other products.

3) cost effectiveness
Also due to the all in one design, we are able to get you a full BMW specific kit with failsafe features at a much better price. Competing kits with similar features will cost significantly more.

4) adjustability
CMGS-FS is simple, but also full featured. You can set the MIN/MAX boost, the curve (min/max dutycycle), flow calibration (if necessary), flow bar diplay, LED display and of course your failsafe options.

5) Safety
The failsafe feature of the CMGS-FS allows you to set many parameters. You can set the following:

a. Boost threshold.
b. flow window
c. spool up (if necessary)
d. set the output failsafe wire to normally open or normally closed.

Failsafe will trip when you are not within your flow range or if the flow level in the tank is low. . In addition to this, you will get error codes on the CMGS FS to tell you what is going on.

"00.0" Low fluid level
"00.1" Flowing less than you should
"00.2" Flowing more than you should
"00.3" Flowing when you should not be (warns you that that mis-wired the system to an "on" state by accident)

6) INTEGRATION with JB3.
Version 1.06 will integrate with JB3 seamlessly. You must have a special flash for your JB3 and Version 1.06 on the CMGS for this feature to work.
The CMGS monitors the flow and boost conditions at all times telling the JB3 when to switch maps higher or lower. Details are upcoming.

USER GUIDE

http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/cmgs135I335.pdf

DIAGRAM

The BMW diagram is below. We will have an updated diagram shortly to show you how the CMGS connects to your JB3 (if you have JB3)

CMGS PLOT
This should show you some of the details of the CMGS Gauge.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
BSM Bimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Pretty cool writeup for those looking to see how this setup really works and the difficulty of install
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I 2006 Lotus Elise

The CMGS FS BMW and VC2 FS BMW kits are fully functional for auto map switching for the JB3 2.0 and progressive flow maping for the Procede.

Let us know if we can help to answer any of your questions.

CM
Appreciate 0