BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

Shadowline Trim AND Chrome line exterior??

Hey everybody,

My car is in production now, so I've been tracking its progress on BMWUSA.com. I noticed an oddity though. I'm getting the M Sport Package, and under that heading it first lists "Shadowline trim" and then immediately also lists "Chrome line exterior." There's no mention of any chrome line exterior in BMW's M Sport Package bulletin, so I'm confused. Anybody have any explanation?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
mechanicalmagic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Cashmere Silver

Mine Too

My car (on bmwusa) listed the auto trans, and the premium package all the way thru production. Delivered yesterday, it's the way I ordered it. Still shows the wrong options.

BUT, I double checked with sales, when I first saw the errors, and was a bit nervous for the 3 months.

Dave J.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

Probably the best explanation is that the Owner's Circle information is often wrong. Mine was also listed incorrectly as having an auto trans and not having the smart phone integration but both were on the car correctly when I picked it up in Munich.

If you are overly concerned, check with your CA. They can verify the "back end" of the system to make sure the order is in there correctly.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
walala
Rep
Drives:

Also shown in my " M sport package" list.
Both Shadowline trim and Chrome line exterior???
Are they talking about two different thins?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was thinking about it and my best guess is that Chrome line exterior refers to the front grilles? The official press release doesn't mention Chrome line exterior, so at least we've got that to back us up if something is amiss (not that I expect it to be).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

I am a little bit concerned about this as well, been unable to come up with any solid information. I really want the shadowline trim on the outside.
      01-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

I think we might get stuck with the Chrome trim, I was looking at the following thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ghlight=lemans

There are pictures spread out all over and they all have the chrome exterior. A few of the vehicles have the M-Sports package for sure and they clearly do not have the standard shadowline trim that the standard sports package offers.

Good news is we should be able to buy the trim and replace it if we really want to....
      01-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
I think we might get stuck with the Chrome trim, I was looking at the following thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ghlight=lemans

There are pictures spread out all over and they all have the chrome exterior. A few of the vehicles have the M-Sports package for sure and they clearly do not have the standard shadowline trim that the standard sports package offers.

Good news is we should be able to buy the trim and replace it if we really want to....
I'm not convinced. I didn't read very much of the thread, but there's some misinformation in there I believe. For example it says the only way to get the 261M wheels is to get LeMans Blue. Isn't that wrong? I believe 261M wheels come STANDARD in other parts of the world. I don't think you can use what's typical in other countries to predict what BMW will do with it's US customers anyway. I know next to no BMW history as I've only been in the scene for a few months, and it's mostly just drooling, but the US seems to consistently get different treatment than other parts of the world. Finally, the OFFICIAL press release says Shadowline Trim and makes no mention of Chrome Line Exterior. If our cars don't come that way, that's pretty good grounds for an argument with BMWNA beyond a shadow of a doubt. Get it?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
walala
Rep
Drives:

Is it possible that the "Chrome line exterior" is only for some certain color like LeMans Blue?
Because according to the information from my BMW OC, "M steering wheel" and "M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters" are both shown on the M sport package list and I have a 6 speed manual. Maybe they just list all the equipment there?!

I really don't want the Chrome trim on my black 1er......
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #10
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
I'm not convinced. I didn't read very much of the thread, but there's some misinformation in there I believe. For example it says the only way to get the 261M wheels is to get LeMans Blue. Isn't that wrong? I believe 261M wheels come STANDARD in other parts of the world. I don't think you can use what's typical in other countries to predict what BMW will do with it's US customers anyway. I know next to no BMW history as I've only been in the scene for a few months, and it's mostly just drooling, but the US seems to consistently get different treatment than other parts of the world. Finally, the OFFICIAL press release says Shadowline Trim and makes no mention of Chrome Line Exterior. If our cars don't come that way, that's pretty good grounds for an argument with BMWNA beyond a shadow of a doubt. Get it?
I did not read much of the thread I post either, I went by the images mostly. You are right the press release does say it has shadowline trim and I really hope that thats what we end up getting, but I do vaguely remember the ordering sheet my sales guy had mentioned something about the chromeline but I honestly dont remember and I am speculating just like the rest of us at this point.

If I do end up not having shadowline trim I will try and use the press release to get them to change it to shadowline trim, but at this point I can only hope for the best.

Keeping my fingers crossed, my vehicle production finished on the 16th...
      01-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #11
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Well this looks like good news, the BMWUSA vehicle builder now has the LeMans blue and the M-Sports package. The exterior trim does change to black when the M-Sports package is selected and no where does it mention the chromeline trim.

That makes me very happy
      01-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
HighQ
Quality is everything
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: you mad

Check this out, it explains why the system is confused.
Apparently the Shadowline is just chrome trim with some black tape stuck on it!

...only joking :wink:
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #13
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Checked the system and it's fixed for my car. No mention of chrome line exterior. Maybe BMW is watching...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
HighQ
Quality is everything
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
Checked the system and it's fixed for my car. No mention of chrome line exterior. Maybe BMW is watching...
There's this wierd "BMW NA" account on 1Addicts, I don't know if you noticed?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #15
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBearing View Post
There's this wierd "BMW NA" account on 1Addicts, I don't know if you noticed?
That's not what this thread says. It says it's anodized metal.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #16
Dodo
Extinct
Germany
Rep
Drives: Slow

BimmerFile just added the 2009 ordering guide from BMW. ZMP will include shadowline.
Appreciate 0