BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Keith I am well aware of your prior....ahem...experience with Riss Racing. I remember the whole thread and everything. I must reiterate that my experience was no where near your experience and I personally cannot say anything negative about the parts I received OR the service I got.....if anything the service was better than most others I have experienced. And yes I still think its funny.....sux to be those that got bad products but it aint me!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #24
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

People should have been critical from the begining. Half assed craftsmanship is just that regardless if its first to come on the market. No Idea why people were willing to except that. I mean good lord that intake plenum was utter crap. Big, Heavy metal with shody welds, SERIOUSLY CRAPTASTIC!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #25
giovanni68
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

fuck me ... just ordered the riss down pipes
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni68 View Post

That's not good at all.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333034

If I were in your position, I'd probably call the credit card company and see if they can cancel the sale or something. For smaller businesses it takes a couple of days before credit card funds are transferred to their accounts, so they might be able to prevent it from happening altogether.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #27
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni68 View Post
Cancel your order and get AR downpipes. You'll be much happier in the long run.
      12-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #28
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
Riss's reputation was based on being first to market for the 135i. That's it. People were ecstatic to get anything for the car back then. But the fact is their quality control blows. Plus they routinely miss even short-term deadlines and provide excuse after excuse when it comes to delays. Other companies came along after doing proper R&D and make good products. That's why very few like Riss anymore.

^^^ +1.... for those that ordered the 1'er in march of 08 (or even pre-ordered before that) when the car debuted RR was definitely the first on the scene... I drank the kool-aid I must admit b/c there were def. good reviews at first (probably b/c nothing was out to compare to and the also probably just excitement for being able to mod)...

Honestly I have the scoops/intake/plenum for over a year now and have had 0 problems... I can def. hear the turbos spool more over stock...However If I could go back I probably would of only bought the scoops (purely for the looks b/c behind the black grill I think the red looks sweet ) Especially since after doing reading who knows how much benefit these open intake filters even have??? (totalllllly different topic though)...

Ahh hindsight is 20/20 and that will never change...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #29
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
People should have been critical from the begining. Half assed craftsmanship is just that regardless if its first to come on the market. No Idea why people were willing to except that. I mean good lord that intake plenum was utter crap. Big, Heavy metal with shody welds, SERIOUSLY CRAPTASTIC!!
The welds aren't pretty but it isn't what I would call "heavy" at all...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #30
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
That's not good at all.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333034

If I were in your position, I'd probably call the credit card company and see if they can cancel the sale or something. For smaller businesses it takes a couple of days before credit card funds are transferred to their accounts, so they might be able to prevent it from happening altogether.
O/T: You can't ever just 'cancel at the credit card company'. They will want you to officially cancel with the merchant themselves first, then if the merchant doesn't play ball, then you can deal through the credit card if you don't get satisfaction that way. (It isn't like canceling a check.) But it is a good idea to go thru the credit card if you aren't getting satisfaction from the merchant.
Appreciate 0