BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
xxx_mina
Outlaw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 JB4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.34]
2010 135I  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
What Comes in AFE DCI BOX

ok , iam looking at the AFE intake... i really like the heatshield and DCI... but how much intake piping comes with it??? like does the intake go all the way to the turbos??? or does it end where all the other one ends and doesnt solve the problem of the intake pipes getting really small as they go around the motor to the other side??? does anyone make a Full intake system that goes all the way back???

Mina
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Don't waste your money on the AFE intake. The intake stops at the factory inlet tubes, the same tubes that connect to the factory air box.

Heat shield does nothing, except radiate more heat at the filters. I personally had this intake and after driving in the AZ heat, you could cook an egg on the heat shield..

If you want a DCI, just go with the BMS intake. Mr. 5 on e90post has modified his stock air box and actually made the same/more power than a DCI. Hopefully some vendors will offer some more options in the future.

I personally think the stock air box is a good set up, even with a tune. Now, if your going to add meth, than it seems the DCI or the Mr. 5 stock airbox mod is the way to go for maximum power.
      12-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
135iFreak
Doin' A Fly By
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 135i AW/BB M-Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_mina View Post
ok , iam looking at the AFE intake... i really like the heatshield and DCI... but how much intake piping comes with it??? like does the intake go all the way to the turbos??? or does it end where all the other one ends and doesnt solve the problem of the intake pipes getting really small as they go around the motor to the other side??? does anyone make a Full intake system that goes all the way back???

Mina
To answer your Q Mina, what comes in the box is the following:

1. Orbital Filters - 2 No Off
2. Heat Shield - 1 No Off
3. Intake Pipe - 1 No Off
4. Rubbers to Fit around the heat shield - 2 No Off
5. Filter Oil and Cleaner - 1 Set

Thats basically the major things, I hope I didn't miss anything out.

Cheers