BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Question about BT.

Hi again, I wanted to start another thread regarding this question because it is about the BT and the ability of the dealer to see boost levels.

Say you had a car that was chipped, you remove the chip, clear any "code" (fault code or shadow code) and then set it back to stock all peachy.

You take it to the dealer, they say you were at boost levels higher than stock. Is there anyway you can prevent them from seeing this, can the dealer see the history of your cars parameters i.e. boost levels from a month ago or something. If that is the case, how far back can they see the parameters? 1 month? 6 months?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Hi again, I wanted to start another thread regarding this question because it is about the BT and the ability of the dealer to see boost levels.

Say you had a car that was chipped, you remove the chip, clear any "code" (fault code or shadow code) and then set it back to stock all peachy.

You take it to the dealer, they say you were at boost levels higher than stock. Is there anyway you can prevent them from seeing this, can the dealer see the history of your cars parameters i.e. boost levels from a month ago or something. If that is the case, how far back can they see the parameters? 1 month? 6 months?

Thanks,
If you are using a piggyback, the ECU will never see higher than the factory boost levels. So no problems there. If you are using a flash, that may be a problem. The BT is used to delete a specific tuner detection code that higher boost maps can trigger.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Ok cool, thanks for the info.

So although 17 psi is going into the engine, it only thinks it sees 8 stock psi? Doesnt the MAP sensor record pressure directly from the manifold and use this data in calculating A/F with various VE tables and such?

I just dont understand how the computer wont see greater than stock pressure if thats whats going into the engine, sorry I dont know much about the N54 computer so that is what I ask.
      12-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Ok cool, thanks for the info.

So although 17 psi is going into the engine, it only thinks it sees 8 stock psi? Doesnt the MAP sensor record pressure directly from the manifold and use this data in calculating A/F with various VE tables and such?

I just dont understand how the computer wont see greater than stock pressure if thats whats going into the engine, sorry I dont know much about the N54 computer so that is what I ask.
The JB3 intercepts and alters all those signals (map, fuel, etc).

Mike
Appreciate 0