BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
Jude Starr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123d hatch & X1 23D

My name is Jude, and I'm a 1 series addict!

Well, we just got back from our club's annual pilgrimage to Bathurst for the 12 hour race...the first long drive I have done in Wolfgang the 123d, and I just have to say I am even more in love with him than ever before. The performance out on the open road was superb, the fuel economy amazing, and I enjoyed every minute of piloting him the 1000k's each way. Not so thrilled about the speeding ticket on the way home (my first speeding ticket ever ), but after 20+ years of driving I guess I was about due. Hopefully it was the first of many long distance trips we take together.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Wolfgang is a pretty badass name, shame the diesel motor isn't as musically talented as Mozart!

Glad you had a blast in your 1er I've had two 123d loaners before and they are amazing in terms of torque and fuel economy. What are the specs of yours?

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Jude Starr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

His full name is Wolfgang Carmadeus ( I know - bad joke). He is 6 speed manual, has the M sport pack, but is otherwise untouched (eg no mods etc). And he is RED!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I guess one not ask wether your a Ford or GM fan now.

Btw... did they limit the beer(again) this year? I heard fans had to bury their beer(a week in advance of the race)at last year's race. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Starr View Post
His full name is Wolfgang Carmadeus ( I know - bad joke).
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Apart from that, welcome and don't forget to post pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

Btw... did they limit the beer(again) this year? I heard fans had to bury their beer(a week in advance of the race)at last year's race. lol
Bathurst 12 hour isn't a V8 Supercar event, hence the crowd is much better behaved than the V8 Supercar 1000km race that happens in Oct each year. That said I heard the campground got a bit rough on Sat night. Glad I stayed at an apartment in town just for that, let alone the benefits of air-con.

Jude, were you part of the large group of cars that rocked up to the museum around Sat noon?
      02-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Starr View Post
His full name is Wolfgang Carmadeus ( I know - bad joke). He is 6 speed manual, has the M sport pack, but is otherwise untouched (eg no mods etc). And he is RED!!!
Had a 6MT 123d coupe loaner last time and I tried to beat the stop-start system...kept me entertained in peak hour traffic

And props on choosing some colour on your car! Everyone else here is white/gray/black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

I believe the limit is 1 slab per person.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
I believe the limit is 1 slab per person.
'Last time I camped on the mountain, the limit was two plastic cups of beer at a time, which you have to buy from the one beer tent. They searched our cars to make sure we didn't bring anything in. Very heavily policed. It was a fun/scary place to be back then. I remember walking to the beer tent and being dragged into the back of a stranger's passing ute and a tinny being thrust in my hand. I remember the stack of windscreens piled up from the rolled cars after the many donut sessions. I remember the bloke who ran screaming from his tent one morning after waking up next to the sheep carcas his mates had put in there the night before. Most of all I remember Gricey sliding his Chickadee Comode through McPhillamy at full throttle on cold tyres on his warm up lap after arriving late from Group A racing his Comode in Europe.
Awesome!
      02-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
tyorll
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
And props on choosing some colour on your car! Everyone else here is white/gray/black.
Pfft, nothing wrong with those colours!

You'll definitely stand out though at meets with a red/blue car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #10
Jude Starr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Colour was a big issue for me when I ordered the car. I've personally never been a fan of neutral type colours, and my strong preference. I put the dealer through hell to get what I wanted, but I was very pleased I did...I couldn't be happier. Anyway, everyone knows red cars go faster!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Was there too! Saw your car. I was parked in Harris Park (other side of the Ped Xing).

Whilst I did enjoy the Corp Box thing, I must say watching 2 V10 VWs and a bunch of Ferdy's beetles tootling around got a bit boring.

Would love to see more "production" cars a la last year. At least no trees fell on track!
Appreciate 0