BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #45
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

I'm thinking carbon fiber fender skirts, maybe some carbon fiber mudflaps, and that baby is good to go. But I wouldn't want to over-do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #46
JekyllNoMore
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M

Joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
They just added more weight by putting the CF root on top of normal roof.

wtf
I'm guessing that was a joke? If not, just to clarify: the actual Revozport 1M Raze CF replaces (does not fit over top of) the stock roof; they are just checking the fit over top of the basic roof. Installation involves removal of the original roof and refitting. As wan888 says, though, with proper epoxy and attention to detail it fits perfectly and no issues in (moist to say the least) west coast weather. Will post pics when the shop (kudos to my body shop and to Kenny in particular... details to follow eventually) is done with my baby, and after they've had a chance to post some pics themselves: splitter, spoiler, side skirts, interior and roof complete but the hood is a work in progress.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #47
wan888
Xman
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 323ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JekyllNoMore View Post
I'm guessing that was a joke? If not, just to clarify: the actual Revozport 1M Raze CF replaces (does not fit over top of) the stock roof; they are just checking the fit over top of the basic roof. Installation involves removal of the original roof and refitting. As wan888 says, though, with proper epoxy and attention to detail it fits perfectly and no issues in (moist to say the least) west coast weather. Will post pics when the shop (kudos to my body shop and to Kenny in particular... details to follow eventually) is done with my baby, and after they've had a chance to post some pics themselves: splitter, spoiler, side skirts, interior and roof complete but the hood is a work in progress.
Can't wait to see pix progress of your car.

Revozport offer 2 version of the carbon roof.

This VO is with the addon version, a pure cosmetic thing but still very nice.

My AW is with the replacement version which I am very proud to have this mod.
E93 323ci (converted to M3 look)
Z3M Roadster (race prep)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #48
Pankrivoklat
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Please can you post some detail pictures how are those side skirts connected to rear part of car? Revozport original installation document suggest to use some kind of plastic trim which is inserted between body of car and flaps. I am little afraid of that solution It does not look good even on that ilustration photo - see bellow.
Attached Images

2019 BMW F90 M5 | 2014 Porsche 991 Carrera 2S | 2013 BMW F01 740dX | 2011 BMW E82 1M Coupe | 2008 BMW E70 X5 3.0d | 2003 BMW E46 M3 Coupe | 2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4 | 2000 BMW E39 535i | 1998 BMW E39 528i
Appreciate 0