BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx135 View Post
Video uploaded...

Finally got a chance to test my new video cameras and also drive Hockenheimring. Two things I have to fix...tilt up the camera and record a different audio source instead of up to 130mph wind on that long sweeping curve called Parabolika, perhaps inside the hood...just raw, unadulterated N55 engine audio!

It will be fixed in the next track recording....got some upgrades in mind!

And before you flame me for bad driving, understand this was my first track experience...so tips on my lines and braking and track skills are fine, just be positive...

Rick nice run. I will have to get my run on Hockenheimring when I get back. Recommendation on the curves, hug them tight going in so that you can slingshot out on the backside. Makes for a awesome run.

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #24
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMaj View Post
Rick nice run. I will have to get my run on Hockenheimring when I get back. Recommendation on the curves, hug them tight going in so that you can slingshot out on the backside. Makes for a awesome run.
Um....no? Look for/Find the apex and then adjust your turn-in based upon where it is at and the angle of the curve..then you can accelerate out of the curve.....and on that long straight track a bit outside and brake HARRRD to set yourself up for that near hairpin turn (you almost went 2W off a couple of times). I would loooove to get on that track and I hope they have another track day when I am there in April....my buddy lives just around the corner from the track, literally 5 minutes away (he has a 135i and his wife has a 128i). It really wasn't a bad run considering it was your first time on the track.
Appreciate 0