BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
a7med606
First Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 1 ///M + F80 M3

any one with cp-e exhaust ?

Anyone here had that cpe exhaust on 1m ? I was searching for sound or video for it and i didnt find anything
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7med606 View Post
Anyone here had that cpe exhaust on 1m ? I was searching for sound or video for it and i didnt find anything
I do, it may be hard to hear over the dyno and I also have Mad Dad mids for this run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VLUcZhU81hY
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
a7med606
First Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 1 ///M + F80 M3

Can you take a clear video please , how do you see the welding and fitting ? Is it too loud ? Drone ? Cuz am planning to put catless downpipes as well And i wamt to know how would it be

Thank you in advance
Ahmed
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

Below is what I wrote to antoher member via PM a few months ago:
I have never had the CP-e exhaust without the Mad Dad mids so I cannot comment on that specific setup.
After I had the Mad Dads with the stock exhaust I was looking for something a little more sporty and free flowing. I looked into the CP-e exhaust and based on their other products and great feedback I decided to buy one. I will say the first few times I started the car up after installation it was LOUD, so much so I received texts from my neighbors inquiring about the noise. After a couple hundred miles it calmed down; and while louder than stock, it's not annoying to my neighbors anymore. Obviously good news.
I've had the exhaust for almost 1.5 years and I love it...there is a slight over-run burble on downshifts especially when warming up; it is loud enough to be heard when engaging in spirited driving, yet not annoying; and mostly tolerable commuting.
I say mostly tolerable in commuting because when I have the car in cruise control on the highway and hit a hill in 6th gear (In Seattle and the surrounding areas the highways slope, nothings flat) there is not so much a drone but the exhaust can get "boomy" especially in 6th gear in these highway conditions.

I can try to make a better sounding video if the rain lets up.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMjunkie View Post
Below is what I wrote to antoher member via PM a few months ago:
I have never had the CP-e exhaust without the Mad Dad mids so I cannot comment on that specific setup.
After I had the Mad Dads with the stock exhaust I was looking for something a little more sporty and free flowing. I looked into the CP-e exhaust and based on their other products and great feedback I decided to buy one. I will say the first few times I started the car up after installation it was LOUD, so much so I received texts from my neighbors inquiring about the noise. After a couple hundred miles it calmed down; and while louder than stock, it's not annoying to my neighbors anymore. Obviously good news.
I've had the exhaust for almost 1.5 years and I love it...there is a slight over-run burble on downshifts especially when warming up; it is loud enough to be heard when engaging in spirited driving, yet not annoying; and mostly tolerable commuting.
I say mostly tolerable in commuting because when I have the car in cruise control on the highway and hit a hill in 6th gear (In Seattle and the surrounding areas the highways slope, nothings flat) there is not so much a drone but the exhaust can get "boomy" especially in 6th gear in these highway conditions.

I can try to make a better sounding video if the rain lets up.
Any vids yet? Im interested in this combo.
Appreciate 0