BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #45
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

looks great guys any idea if you are going to make non carbon fiber versions of them?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #46
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Question about the hood, do you see it move around a lot when you are driving at speed?

Also, do you recommend not installing it without hood pins?

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #47
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Question about the hood, do you see it move around a lot when you are driving at speed?

Wasnt the idea with this hood be that it utilizes the same oem attachment hardware and shocks? Hence its not just a crap wannabe fake cf hood that only attaches at the hinges. Pretty sure this hood like they said will fit 100% like stop, and in doing so, drive 100% like stock.

Am I wrong?

Honestly, I would probably look to paint this hood DSB, that is if I had a clue about paintwork shops, if there are ANY within even an hour of me, how much it would cost and how long??

Honestly I think the all CF looks pretty good, or least I think it would look pretty sweet on my DSB, specially if I eventually got the rear diffuser as well

Not loving the trunk, but id prob go with the spoiler same time I get the diffuser whenever that happens to be.

P.S. To the dood asking if the power dome has function, I would think it would, I mean the space is lifted on the inside of the hood right? So if theres heat build up in that area, it gives the heat more area to move and escape, specially thru those m3 vents.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #48
vwown3d
New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

order placed!

thanks guys!
      07-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #49
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
PM for full VACC sent.
I just hit the site and noticed there is a link to the iCarbon 1 Series VACC Trunk Spoiler.

Since there is no picture available is this the same as the CF variant pictured, except in VACC ?

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #50
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
More photos and combining orders

I must be missing something or three of my computers aren't able to display these images...

Could you post more images on your website...I count something like almost 20 images of the trunk but one bad "dutch angle" closeup of the hood....please post a couple of more images on the website so I can make a better decision...

also, can we order the post-2010 mirror covers alongside this order?

Finally for those of us US military stationed overseas with access to US Post Office shipping, do you ship through USPS?

thanks. Rick

More pictures!

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #51
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
looks great guys any idea if you are going to make non carbon fiber versions of them?
Yes we do offer a VAAC version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

Negative on the hood moving, it is as solid as the stock hood. As for the pins, yes our hood is designed to use all factory components including the hood struts, latches, hooks. As for hood pins, its a personal preference really because the hood does accept all the factory components so it is not REQUIRED per say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
I just hit the site and noticed there is a link to the iCarbon 1 Series VACC Trunk Spoiler.

Since there is no picture available is this the same as the CF variant pictured, except in VACC ?
Yes that is correct. Same design just in a VACC variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx135 View Post
I must be missing something or three of my computers aren't able to display these images...

Could you post more images on your website...I count something like almost 20 images of the trunk but one bad "dutch angle" closeup of the hood....please post a couple of more images on the website so I can make a better decision...

Finally for those of us US military stationed overseas with access to US Post Office shipping, do you ship through USPS?

thanks. Rick

More pictures!

We're in the process of adding more pictures to our website but just to answer a few questions.

Yes the mirror cap replacements are available for order currently, and yes we do ship to APO addresses.
      07-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #52
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Hi Chris

Do you have the iCS Hood is a-la M3 Style in VAAC? If so that would be the one I am prepared to order. If not, I might go ahead and get the CF version. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly but the iCS Hood is a-la M3 Style hood is the same as the other hood other than the way the vents look. correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #53
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Hi Chris

Do you have the iCS Hood is a-la M3 Style in VAAC? If so that would be the one I am prepared to order. If not, I might go ahead and get the CF version. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly but the iCS Hood is a-la M3 Style hood is the same as the other hood other than the way the vents look. correct?
Yes we do offer a VACC variant of the iCS hood "a-la M3 style". And that is correct it is the same as the other hood except for the lower larger vents are not there and the m3 smaller vents are placed in the OEM configuration.
      07-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #54
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@iCARBON View Post
Yes we do offer a VACC variant of the iCS hood "a-la M3 style". And that is correct it is the same as the other hood except for the lower larger vents are not there and the m3 smaller vents are placed in the OEM configuration.
Can you PM me the price for the pre-order group buy? BTW... I know this is a long shot but any chance I can pay you guys to get it painted before shipping it to me? I have AW and would love to have the hood painted minus the vents so all I have to worry about is installation!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #55
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Can you PM me the price for the pre-order group buy? BTW... I know this is a long shot but any chance I can pay you guys to get it painted before shipping it to me? I have AW and would love to have the hood painted minus the vents so all I have to worry about is installation!
Sure will buddy i'll PM you later this afternoon with details!
      07-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #56
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Is there an "indent" on this trunk for the roundel or just small holes?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #57
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx135 View Post

thanks. Rick

More pictures!
Guys, we just realized a lot of pictures were down on the thread... the server went down!! It's back up now, plenty of hood shots on the main page of this thread

Answering all PM's, emails, and thread posts now!

- Andy
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #58
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Nice!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #59
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Is there an "indent" on this trunk for the roundel or just small holes?
Yup! It's indented just like the stock trunk
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #60
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

VACC prices and coupon codes added!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #61
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Wasnt the idea with this hood be that it utilizes the same oem attachment hardware and shocks? Hence its not just a crap wannabe fake cf hood that only attaches at the hinges. Pretty sure this hood like they said will fit 100% like stop, and in doing so, drive 100% like stock.

Am I wrong?

Honestly, I would probably look to paint this hood DSB, that is if I had a clue about paintwork shops, if there are ANY within even an hour of me, how much it would cost and how long??

Honestly I think the all CF looks pretty good, or least I think it would look pretty sweet on my DSB, specially if I eventually got the rear diffuser as well

Not loving the trunk, but id prob go with the spoiler same time I get the diffuser whenever that happens to be.

P.S. To the dood asking if the power dome has function, I would think it would, I mean the space is lifted on the inside of the hood right? So if theres heat build up in that area, it gives the heat more area to move and escape, specially thru those m3 vents.
You are right. The hood has the provisions to accept all stock hardware. Double-Sided pieces SHOULD be installed without shocks though, as it's a lot of pressure and they are meant for a much heavier piece. We've had the car up to 140mph and drive thousands of miles on it, no issues with it.

If you wanted it painted and don't have anywhere to take it to get painted, we can paint it for you before shipping. However, we do suggest that you get it painted locally since there are color variations between cars sometimes. It's also better to get the hood professionally installed, since there are A LOT of different adjustments to get a hood to fit to the way you like it (even if you're replacing an OEM hood).

The extra volume of the M3 bulge will help get some hot air up and out, yes!

Any other questions, just ask

- Andy
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #62
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
iCarbon, I sent you a PM and Email. I'm ready to order the hood
Emailed replied!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #63
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
Emailed replied!
I never received any PM or Email??
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #64
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

^^^ resent!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #65
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Hmm vacc prices are pretty close to the carbon ones, might as well buy the carbon.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #66
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Guys,

I know this is a small concern but is it safe at higher speeds? I would hate to have my hood fly off at speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
You are right. The hood has the provisions to accept all stock hardware. Double-Sided pieces SHOULD be installed without shocks though, as it's a lot of pressure and they are meant for a much heavier piece. We've had the car up to 140mph and drive thousands of miles on it, no issues with it.

If you wanted it painted and don't have anywhere to take it to get painted, we can paint it for you before shipping. However, we do suggest that you get it painted locally since there are color variations between cars sometimes. It's also better to get the hood professionally installed, since there are A LOT of different adjustments to get a hood to fit to the way you like it (even if you're replacing an OEM hood).

The extra volume of the M3 bulge will help get some hot air up and out, yes!

Any other questions, just ask

- Andy
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0