BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Akrapovic with DPs

I can honestly say, that I was not expecting such a drastic difference when adding the Akrapovic down pipes to the rest of the system. The sound is remarkably louder, I feel like I have not had a true Akrapovic exhaust... it really is THAT much different. If any of you do not care about smell or noise and just want to feel/ here that raw/ open race car sound... I highly recommend the Akrapovic FULL system. It is UNREAL. No video does it justice. The turbo noise ahh The software is definitely happier with them and I am too! Getting my car back Stage 2 was epic, adding the DPs made a such a drastic difference I feel like I am falling in love with the car all over again...

Below: COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC BUT SO IMPORTANT!!

Anyone who is tuning I can not stress/ recommend this $60 mod enough:
http://www.burgertuning.com/low_temp...W_135_335.html

It allows your oil cooler to run full time instead of only when needed and the difference is remarkable! Be proactive about heat soak not reactive! I drive my car very hard and tuned (Stage 2) and in hot weather, the highest my temp goes is 230-240*F. Stock, was only that low during warm up and only before going fast/ driving hard. My car stock, used to sit right at 250* and creep above when I would drive aggressively even the least bit on a hot day. Do not let the heat ruin your fun! I can not wait for winter to come as I have only experienced Stage 2 in the hotter months of the year thus far. I have no affiliation with Burger nor am I fan of their Piggy's but this is something I truly believe in, and for $60 the results are beyond impressive!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Running full akra's with AR Catted DP's + Stage 3 Rev sport = very very loud and intoxicating !
Appreciate 0