BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-23-2016, 02:39 AM   #1
yahookendogg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

New 128i owner.

hey guys, I just picked up a 2012 128i pretty recently. my previous car before this was a 2015 BMW X5 35i, it feels very different to switch from big bmw to a very small bmw haha. it's so much more fun to drive and I love how it feels almost like a go cart around town. the car only has 36k miles on it, I just did an alignment but other than that I need to figure out what maintenance I have to do on it.

list of things I want to do on the car are, tint, wheels/tires, exhaust/intake, possibly bumper upgrade to sport bumpers, HID headlight upgrade, also want to black out the chrome window trims, grills, etc. I'm totally new to the 1 series, so please give some feedbacks^^

there's some issues/complaints I have with the car. it seems to run a bit jerky on cold start, when I first start driving in the morning and it drives very smooth after it warms up. the center armrest is too flimsy and not that comfortable to rest your arm on, also it's not level with the armrest on the driver's door, center armrest feels a bit lower which feels kind of odd. mine seems like a pretty base model, but looks like it has bluetooth and iPod connectivity, so I'm gonna look into setting that up. also, just got a spare key, and was wondering how to set that up with the car. thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 03:39 AM   #2
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Congrats on the car and welcome to the 1er forum. There is a ton of worthwhile info here. Good luck with your new ride!
      08-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #3
syd53
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i coupe

If you ever decide to replace your front bumper I would be very interested in buying your existing one. My car is even white!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
syd53
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i coupe

If you ever decide to replace your front bumper I would be very interested in buying your existing one. My car is even white!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
desertman123
E82 Mudflap Ambassador
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Congrats! Very fine specimen. Look up your VIN on bmwvin.com to see all the options.

Is it a manual? I'd recommend the CDV delete and clutch stop. Changed the game for me. Made clutch engagement waay smoother.

But I have to agree with you, on cold starts it can be a bit hurky jerky. Especially that very first 1-2 shift, oh god . Even with those mods and my best efforts to baby it, it's still a little rough until the fluids (and my driving) warm up.

For blacking out the window trim, take a look at a 128/135 with the sport package. It'll have the "shadowline trim" which is just what you want. Might be able to retrofit it!

Check out the ultimate 1er buyers guide. There's a ton of great info in there.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
yahookendogg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
Congrats! Very fine specimen. Look up your VIN on bmwvin.com to see all the options.

Is it a manual? I'd recommend the CDV delete and clutch stop. Changed the game for me. Made clutch engagement waay smoother.

But I have to agree with you, on cold starts it can be a bit hurky jerky. Especially that very first 1-2 shift, oh god . Even with those mods and my best efforts to baby it, it's still a little rough until the fluids (and my driving) warm up.

For blacking out the window trim, take a look at a 128/135 with the sport package. It'll have the "shadowline trim" which is just what you want. Might be able to retrofit it!

Check out the ultimate 1er buyers guide. There's a ton of great info in there.
thanks for the info^^ it's an automatic, actually would prefer a manual on this engine but almost impossible to find one in a 128i around here. I looked into the shadowline trim and looks like there's a company that sells special tapes for it and looks pretty good. nice dark tint with the shadowline trim would make it so much better with a nice set of wheels.
Appreciate 0