BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #45
volk613
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Silver 135i sunroof

So it was a 1 1 series cruise, which is also called going for a drive ;-p
      10-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #46
hummel
catching up...
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk613 View Post
So it was a 1 1 series cruise, which is also called going for a drive ;-p
I had a feeling it might have been you! My co-pilot spotted you first and told me to turn around and give chase haha!

Black spur was painful, stuck behind a Renault Laguna Wagon, is there any slower car to get stuck behind?! But once past there had a pretty good run with a few people pulling over to let me get past. I went through about 3/4 of a tank and did about 300km's, not too bad for fanging a fair bit of the way.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #47
volk613
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Silver 135i sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
I had a feeling it might have been you! My co-pilot spotted you first and told me to turn around and give chase haha!

Black spur was painful, stuck behind a Renault Laguna Wagon, is there any slower car to get stuck behind?! But once past there had a pretty good run with a few people pulling over to let me get past. I went through about 3/4 of a tank and did about 300km's, not too bad for fanging a fair bit of the way.
Great to hear you had a good time.
i enjoyed the traffic on the spur, the guys with boats on trailers were great chicanes.:wink:
      10-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #48
Doing it for TV!
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
122 degrees maximum temp? Wow that is really low for serious thrashing. You have Active processor yeah? How do you know your max boost? What boost gauge have you got?
I was also surprised with the temps - considering that I spent some time behind the GTR in 2nd/3rd at high revs waiting for him to either move out of the way or find a 'safe' overtaking spot.

I've got a custom gauge set up that reads obdII off the ECU and has a custom settings for boost/revs/speed/timing/temps/cat temps/o2 sensor/fuel - pretty much all the obdII functions with peak playback/graphs/logging etc.

AA - worked wonderfully - could even do with a bit more psi me thinks :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #49
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I am still not comfortable with too much boost especially given the use of my car. Otherwise I would have bought JB3. As for the maximum temp, are you talking about water temp? Because the OBD2 doesn't read the oil temp apparently. I had a bluetooth OBD2 reader on my track day and my water temp peaked at 115 degrees, but it didn't read my oil temp. I know my oil temp is 140+ though from looking at the OE gauge.
Appreciate 0