BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Tapped in the rear diffuser

So my bad luck in the car continues

Got tapped in the back whilst parked at a friends driveway. Said friend came into the house and told me hit me around 5-10km/h, I went outside expecting the worst but found only very minor scratches on the diffuser that came off when I wiped it with my finger *phew*.

However, I noticed that my rear diffuser no longer lines up symmetrically, with the right side popped out a bit. Any ideas if I may have sustained damage behind the diffuser? Should I get someone to check it out? I'm hoping Brian@EWS will get me my CF rear diffuser soon so I'm replacing the diffuser anyway, but I'm worried that there may be damage behind the diffuser, broken clips etc. Ideas anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

The rear diffuser only just pops into place with insert clips.. You might have just snapped one off the diffuser..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
mra
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Must be the curse of the N55's, I got tapped a couple of weeks ago only they left some paint on the rear bumper which thankfully came off with a cleaning solution. As zuzu said, it clips in. I was able to pop it back into the clip (only popped out of one clip)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
The rear diffuser only just pops into place with insert clips.. You might have just snapped one off the diffuser..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mra View Post
Must be the curse of the N55's, I got tapped a couple of weeks ago only they left some paint on the rear bumper which thankfully came off with a cleaning solution. As zuzu said, it clips in. I was able to pop it back into the clip (only popped out of one clip)
Thanks guys, will investigate. Do I need to unscrew the diffuser or just force it back in?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
Thanks guys, will investigate. Do I need to unscrew the diffuser or just force it back in?
It's held in by 8mm screws and clips.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
So my bad luck in the car continues

Got tapped in the back whilst parked at a friends driveway. Said friend came into the house and told me hit me around 5-10km/h, I went outside expecting the worst but found only very minor scratches on the diffuser that came off when I wiped it with my finger *phew*.

However, I noticed that my rear diffuser no longer lines up symmetrically, with the right side popped out a bit. Any ideas if I may have sustained damage behind the diffuser? Should I get someone to check it out? I'm hoping Brian@EWS will get me my CF rear diffuser soon so I'm replacing the diffuser anyway, but I'm worried that there may be damage behind the diffuser, broken clips etc. Ideas anyone?
Why are SO many conversations / sentences these days started (in the gramatically incorrect fashion) with a conjunction? This irritates the politicaly incorrect (and at times downright rude) spangley one!
Appreciate 0