BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #1937
jake1220

Drives: 2012 135i DCT

I contacted Josh at Cobb and this was his reply.

"I've learned that the oil temp monitor appears to be incorrect currently. I'm working on a fix for it, but right now it is broken. As for the req boost abs and boost mean abs, they will always read lower than they should. The DME logic does not store their values to a readable location until after several math algorithms are applied to them. They are still a good tuning tool as they are in the same scale and you can compare requested vs actual. If you want to know actual boost pressure, the Boost monitor is accurate."
      07-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #1938
smilesperhour

Drives: BMW 135i

Hello all. I have a '11 N55 135 vert. I love this car, but I get 1 step ahead and take 2 steps back. I'm looking for some help. I just came from Cobb stage 1 sport ( nice little bump) to stage 2 + fmic aggressive ( what the hell happened??).

I never had any issues in stage 1 sport. But now that I went to stage 2 + aggressive, I get no power after 4k and it backfires like crazy. Instead of trouble shooting, etc.. I changed the map to stage 2 fmic sport. Then it ran much better...

Until today, I'm getting new tires so I wanted to do a quick burnout of the old one (s). I turned of DSC completely and let her rip. At about 5 to 6k it started the same symptoms. Thought nothing of it. Did a 0-60 run later today and it's running like it was on stage 2 + aggressive. I'm really struggling to find a happy map here

My bolt ons include aa 5 inch fmic, bmw intake and dp, etc cp, bmw pe catback.

My V3 cobb has shown me having -6.9 timing correction in cylinders 4 and 6 and peak boost at 22.3.

I have a very low tuning IQ, but something tells me it's not running right.

Also, just replaced plugs.

--also I use only 93 shell gas.

Please help...anyone
smilesperhour is offline   United_States
      07-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #1939
vivanapoli806
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 135i (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesperhour
Hello all. I have a '11 N55 135 vert. I love this car, but I get 1 step ahead and take 2 steps back. I'm looking for some help. I just came from Cobb stage 1 sport ( nice little bump) to stage 2 + fmic aggressive ( what the hell happened??).

I never had any issues in stage 1 sport. But now that I went to stage 2 + aggressive, I get no power after 4k and it backfires like crazy. Instead of trouble shooting, etc.. I changed the map to stage 2 fmic sport. Then it ran much better...

Until today, I'm getting new tires so I wanted to do a quick burnout of the old one (s). I turned of DSC completely and let her rip. At about 5 to 6k it started the same symptoms. Thought nothing of it. Did a 0-60 run later today and it's running like it was on stage 2 + aggressive. I'm really struggling to find a happy map here

My bolt ons include aa 5 inch fmic, bmw intake and dp, etc cp, bmw pe catback.

My V3 cobb has shown me having -6.9 timing correction in cylinders 4 and 6 and peak boost at 22.3.

I have a very low tuning IQ, but something tells me it's not running right.

Also, just replaced plugs.

--also I use only 93 shell gas.

Please help...anyone
Your running stage 2 on stock downpipe ? Did u use oem plugs I have misfire now after using non oem plugs myself