BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
pebblebeachguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M and '13 M5

Sept build with ipod but without BMW Assist

Sept build date but dealer states that system will not let him select ipod/usb or bluetooth without BMW Assist.

I thought this was recently changed. Am I mistaken or is the salesman not doing something incorrectly?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeachguy View Post
Sept build date but dealer states that system will not let him select ipod/usb or bluetooth without BMW Assist.

I thought this was recently changed. Am I mistaken or is the salesman not doing something incorrectly?
I got ipod as standalone option.

Stripped!! (for the most part)

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

ipod/usb/bluetooth all are together at 400 i thought... not sure about BMW assist
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #4
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Isn't BMW assist a free option anyway?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Isn't BMW assist a free option anyway?
i believe it is included with the convenience package
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
1Madness
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Quote:

My CA also ran into the same issue. He told me that if they charge for bluetooth that they would not charge me since on their website it can be configured as a standalone option.

Interestingly, I tried configuring an 1M yesterday and noticed that a lot of the options have been removed including iPod adapter. The configurable options have been streamlined.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Madness View Post
My CA also ran into the same issue. He told me that if they charge for bluetooth that they would not charge me since on their website it can be configured as a standalone option.

Interestingly, I tried configuring an 1M yesterday and noticed that a lot of the options have been removed including iPod adapter. The configurable options have been streamlined.
maybe because production is going out?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
1Madness
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Production will wind down in Dec according to everything on the forum but it seems like they are really moving fast.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Production will wind down in Dec according to everything on the forum but it seems like they are really moving fast.
US production. Line converts to f20 in march 2012. Apparently it appears Aussies will get the last cars as some have an April 2012 delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
pebblebeachguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M and '13 M5

Quote:

What should I say to my CA? I just want the iPod adapter (or bluetooth if it supports audio streaming) but dont' want BMW Assist. Sounds like you don't need to purchase BMW Assist after 1 Sept. however when I go to the BMW USA web site and configure a "build your own", it still shows bluetooth with BMW Assist. I guess this is what the CA also observes.

Any suggestions as to something specific I can direct the CA to look at in order to get this done?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What should I say to my CA? I just want the iPod adapter (or bluetooth if it supports audio streaming) but dont' want BMW Assist. Sounds like you don't need to purchase BMW Assist after 1 Sept. however when I go to the BMW USA web site and configure a "build your own", it still shows bluetooth with BMW Assist. I guess this is what the CA also observes.

Any suggestions as to something specific I can direct the CA to look at in order to get this done?
try to have your CA order it and try doing one option first then the other or vica versa
Appreciate 0