BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Help! Car not staring after CIC retrofit!

Hi All,

I just finished a CIC retrofit on my 2010 e87 118i (previously my car was non idrive). Had it all working (CID, CIC computer and idrive controller all worked as expected), the only thing i couldn't do today was have the system coded (ran out of daylight). I came back 4 hours later to head up to the shops and the car wouldnt start. I put the key in the ignition, pressed brake and pressed the start button and nothing. All i could hear is some "clicking" noises coming from somewhere in the car. I'm 100% sure ive wired it correctly using:
http://www.rcollins.org/m3/TIS/Car%2...mputer_web.pdf
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728890
and
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850918

When i first tried i could hear the steering wheel unlock and initially the chimes going for not having my seatbelt in but as i kept trying the system stopped working only the cluster display now working.

2 days ago i had a flat battery so what im thinking now is that the battery is dead again, but the other half of me thinks its something worse. (BTW can't even lock the car). Can not having the CIC system coded cause this? because it was working normally - radio, bluetooth and then 4 hours later.... ) I've even completely removed and disconnected the system and still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong? Ive got a mate coming over with a battery pack and we're gonna try and jump start it tomorrow and will update if thats not successful.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

First start with using a "known good" car battery. Just use some jumper cables and another car to get it started. G.L.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Dackelone cheers for the advice

Update: ok got the car jump started and it was fine, but after the car running for about 40 minutes i started it again to check and it worked. Then an hour later went to check on it and it was dead again.

Do you think this is a dead battery? or something wrong with how i wired the navigation system and that is draining the battery.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisf View Post
Dackelone cheers for the advice

Update: ok got the car jump started and it was fine, but after the car running for about 40 minutes i started it again to check and it worked. Then an hour later went to check on it and it was dead again.

Do you think this is a dead battery? or something wrong with how i wired the navigation system and that is draining the battery.
Sounds like parasitic drain, got multimeter?