BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
bam9382
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Coupe

Check out this thing..
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...=37XJEMTVNBL66

it holds a 8 hour charge... no power supply needed
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
Have you even used it yet?
Do you have a lack of short-term memory? This is post #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Just received and setup the Blackberry bluetooth music gateway and it's awesome! It paired with no effort, it sounds good - bass-rich, and loud - and it works whenever I step into the car with the phone.
It fits right in the iPhone case under the armrest, hooks-up via the aux-in and is powered by the usb port. So far, so good, and I saved about $950 on bluetooth & smartphone integration.
You quoted this post in your reply (post #18), 2 days ago.

You seem to be taking the "Debbie Downer" attitude, perhaps the bluetooth on your phone is sub-par; I'm using a Droid Incredible and the sound quality is fantastic. By the way, I'm an electrical engineer, an audiophile, and a musician, so I certainly feel qualified technically and experientially to make an assessment.

As for the Miccus Blu-Bridge that another poster mentioned, I looked at that one first. It got mostly good reviews for sound quality, but had many complaints about pairing and turning-on. Besides, the battery is no use to me, since I have both a lighter plug and usb port in the armrest to run the Blackberry from.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Do you have a lack of short-term memory? This is post #17

You quoted this post in your reply (post #18), 2 days ago.

You seem to be taking the "Debbie Downer" attitude, perhaps the bluetooth on your phone is sub-par; I'm using a Droid Incredible and the sound quality is fantastic. By the way, I'm an electrical engineer, an audiophile, and a musician, so I certainly feel qualified technically and experientially to make an assessment.

As for the Miccus Blu-Bridge that another poster mentioned, I looked at that one first. It got mostly good reviews for sound quality, but had many complaints about pairing and turning-on. Besides, the battery is no use to me, since I have both a lighter plug and usb port in the armrest to run the Blackberry from.
Not sure what "Debbie Downer" means , but if your happy with sub-par quality, then that's all that matters. You can be the inventor of music itself, doesn't mean you hear it the same way others do. I have a degree in computer science and I also consider myself an audiophile, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong about everything. I was just giving an honest review on this product to help others on here and I welcome anyone else to try it and give their opinion, which I'm willing to bet money that they will experience what I did. If you knew much about how bluetooth is transmitted, you would know that it hasn't gotten to the stage where it can stream 320kb quality songs to the same degree as digital hardwire does. Or, maybe you should already know that since your a electrical engineer? I also have a Droid Incredible (Rooted), Droid Eris (Rooted) as my back up phones, my wife withe her Droid X (Rooted) and it was no better than my Fascinate (Rooted) is transmitting wireless bluetooth. So the phone isn't the problem Lol. Maybe you got a better unit than the 2 I ordered, though I doubt it. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers about something so miniscule lol. It's all about trying to help others and giving a honest opinion on something, which I did. I'm cool with it now and hope you are to.

Anyways, My wife and I are still on the lookout for the ultimate bluetooth transmitter so if we come across anything I will post it on here guys!

Last edited by Riley1524; 03-20-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #26
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
if your happy with sub-par quality, then that's all that matters.
Yeah, you're just here to help people out. Right. Me and most of the people posting glowing reviews of this device are all delusional. No, I'm not happy with sub-par quality, but thanks for the idiotic statement.
Quote:
If you knew much about how bluetooth is transmitted, you would know that it hasn't gotten to the stage where it can stream 320kb quality songs to the same degree as digital hardwire does.
Another demeaning cheap-shot - really helping people out, aren't you? Did I ever say that I'm streaming at 320kb? What the f- does this have to do with anything? When I'm listening to my 128k MP3s, or streaming Sirius radio online at god-knows-what kb, what's your point?

I'm listening to the output stream from a cellphone through the base stereo in a car; it's not high-end audio, I don't need 320kb streaming. And by the way, if this is how you feel about bluetooth technology, why the hell did you start this thread?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
Riley1524
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, you're just here to help people out. Right. Me and most of the people posting glowing reviews of this device are all delusional. No, I'm not happy with sub-par quality, but thanks for the idiotic statement.

Another demeaning cheap-shot - really helping people out, aren't you? Did I ever say that I'm streaming at 320kb? What the f- does this have to do with anything? When I'm listening to my 128k MP3s, or streaming Sirius radio online at god-knows-what kb, what's your point?

I'm listening to the output stream from a cellphone through the base stereo in a car; it's not high-end audio, I don't need 320kb streaming. And by the way, if this is how you feel about bluetooth technology, why the hell did you start this thread?

Wow!!! I must have really hurt your feelings! ..I've never seen someone so upset over someone's opinion, but this is the internet. Most of the music I put on my phone is 320kb and 192kb at the least. I would never want to listen to anything less personally and the only music I stream is Pandora since it's about the only high quality music streaming service on Android. I'm just used to higher quality I guess since there is such a big difference. I guess that's why you hear no differences, since you use 128kbs mp3's and stream sirius radio. We are trying to find solutions for better BT experience so we wouldn't have to run the AUX cables in our 3 vehicle's. I never said there was a total solution for BT high quality streaming, but I will say the blackberry is def. not one of them by a long shot. I'm sure there is something out there better though and I'm going to do my best to find it Anyways, I'm not going to argue about this any longer..LOL I feel like I'm in grade school again I am really glad it works for you though!
      03-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #28
Riley1524
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=ScotchAndCigar;9173099]Yeah, you're just here to help people out. Right. Me and most of the people posting glowing reviews of this device are all delusional. No, I'm not happy with sub-par quality, but thanks for the idiotic statement.

I do have to ask you though, since your a self proclaimed true "audiophile" and are not happy with sub-par quality audio, how can you justify listening to 128kb mp3's? I would think a true "Audiophile" would want the best quality out of their music as much as it's humanly possible. I know I love music enough to find the best solutions to achieve this, but maybe we have two different outlooks on this particular subject.
      03-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #29
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow!!! I must have really hurt your feelings! ..I've never seen someone so upset over someone's opinion, but this is the internet
You must be a politician, the way you spin things. No, you couldn't possibly hurt my feelings, it's a freakin message board. I'm not upset; however, I've been giving my review of a product, and you've decided to come along and insult me personally. I'd guess that you've got some issues which causes you to do that, but that's not my problem.

So let's review... I like the Blackberry music gateway, as do most of those who've posted reviews; but for you it doesn't work well.

And to answer one of your other diversionary questions, when I want to hear good sound, I sit down in my music room with a CD or album; I got over the pursuit of high-end car audio back when I got my first house. I also play CDs in the car, when I'm not listening to Howard Stern.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #30
bam9382
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Coupe

again, check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam9382 View Post
Check out this thing..
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...=37XJEMTVNBL66

it holds a 8 hour charge... no power supply needed
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #31
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam9382 View Post
again, check this out
You may have missed my earlier reply - it was buried within the "grade school" war of words...

Quote:
As a side note, the fact that the Blackberry doesn't turn-on until the ignition is on is actually helpful, as it cleanly initiates the pairing automatically everytime.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 03-22-2011 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: added comment
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #32
fejicu
Rep
Drives: 135i

My ipod touch and blackberry both pair as soon as i turn the car on. Streams music via bluetooth from the ipod and if a call comes in it just pauses the song and changes the sound to the phone, going back once i hang up.

The only thing it doesn't support is song information from the ipod, but i can go forward or back on the playlist via the idrive controls.

This is a 2011 135i with idrive and nav, non hk.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #33
outsider
The Show Goes On
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianButter View Post
I bought this in December because I wanted to listen to Pandora/SlingBox without having to plug in my iPhone to the Aux/USB port under the armrest (A2DP ANYCOM FIPO BLUETOOTH ADAPTER AUDIO RECEIVER):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190398926219

Works great...once in a while I have to turn off my Bluetooth (from my phone initially when I get into my car) then turn it back on because of "skipping/pauses" but after the re-sync it works perfectly.

FYI...this device connects to the USB/Aux BMW cable (it has the same connection port as the iPhone). The BMW USB port has enough juice to power this device and syncs to the iPhone as soon as I sit in the car. If you have any questions...shoot me a PM.
This looks great, anyone else try this one out?
Appreciate 0