BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

New M5 delivery.

So, havent been around alittle while due to stupid home wifi..

took delivery of my new pre-lci M5, alpine white last 3 days..
its a very comfortable car, big and practical, the 1M feels very brutal, slow, rough and hard ..

the M5 really did its job well on keeping the comfort, i really like the idea of being fast with a lot of space, and in BIG size..

does anyone here feels the same with 1M, how "slow" it is compared with the M5,

had to catch up with the break-in period soon, so will not drive the 1M around very much.

will upload pictures soon.
      09-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I'll take your 1M. Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I'll take your 1M. Congratulations
LOL, not for sale, the M5 is more for the family..
but when it comes to 1M, its still personal
      09-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

here are some pics on the delivery.. its 3 in the morning.. and i'm f'in awake.
Attached Images

09-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Nice. Congartulations.

I think the 1M feels relatively slow in comparison because the M5 has at least 200BHP more. Stock vs stock.

I remember > 10 years ago I had a new 184BHP /390Nm E46 330d 5MT saloon driving on the Autobahn heading for Switzerland, when a new E46 M3 occured in my rear view mirror. I let him pass and told my co-pilot(lol) let's see what my mighty(..) 330d will do vs the M3...

From 70-130 mph... Within a few seconds the M3 just was a small point @ the horizon. And still my 330d felt rather fast

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #6
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

congrats! i like the 19" wheels, perfect for a daily driver

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
trinity_2200
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Nice car, congratulations !!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
COZ01M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

My dad had the F10 M5 & I do drive it occasionally then I jump back in my 1M & whilst it does feel slower it just feels more raw & more engaging to drive which I love. You have the best of both worlds with these two cars! Enjoy mate!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Nice. Congartulations.

I think the 1M feels relatively slow in comparison because the M5 has at least 200BHP more. Stock vs stock.

I remember > 10 years ago I had a new 184BHP /390Nm E46 330d 5MT saloon driving on the Autobahn heading for Switzerland, when a new E46 M3 occured in my rear view mirror. I let him pass and told my co-pilot(lol) let's see what my mighty(..) 330d will do vs the M3...

From 70-130 mph... Within a few seconds the M3 just was a small point @ the horizon. And still my 330d felt rather fast

Cheers
Robin
Yeah makes perfect sense on the HP difference there, not to mention the torque..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
congrats! i like the 19" wheels, perfect for a daily driver
yeah, i have something for this wheels, i prefer it more than 20" somehow,, though in my country all M5 came with this wheels as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity_2200 View Post
Nice car, congratulations !!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COZ01M View Post
My dad had the F10 M5 & I do drive it occasionally then I jump back in my 1M & whilst it does feel slower it just feels more raw & more engaging to drive which I love. You have the best of both worlds with these two cars! Enjoy mate!
true on that.. raw and more engaging to drive.. that's exactly what i feel, agree on you. this car is an amazing GT car IMO, rides very comfortable, interior quality..
      09-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
So, havent been around alittle while due to stupid home wifi..

took delivery of my new pre-lci M5, alpine white last 3 days..
its a very comfortable car, big and practical, the 1M feels very brutal, slow, rough and hard ..

the M5 really did its job well on keeping the comfort, i really like the idea of being fast with a lot of space, and in BIG size..

does anyone here feels the same with 1M, how "slow" it is compared with the M5,

had to catch up with the break-in period soon, so will not drive the 1M around very much.

will upload pictures soon.
Congrats on the M5! What you describe is similar to how I feel about my S6 (big, fast, luxurious sedan). Wouldn't call the 1M slow, but the S6 is so smooth and effortless in it's power delivery, I love the contrast between the two.
      09-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Delivered under the cover of darkeness ;-) Nice ride!

I know what you mean about feeling slow. I drove a 2013 GT500 for an afternoon a few weeks back. The next morning I got in my 1m and honestly thought something was wrong with it at first. It just felt so slow in comparison!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Delivered under the cover of darkeness ;-) Nice ride!

I know what you mean about feeling slow. I drove a 2013 GT500 for an afternoon a few weeks back. The next morning I got in my 1m and honestly thought something was wrong with it at first. It just felt so slow in comparison!
yup, felt like something is wrong.. lol
like "why are you not going as fast!!'
      09-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

F10 M5 is an autobahn cruise missile as it was always been the intention with them (previous and actual M5s). Take a mountain pass with the 1M and then with the M5, you won't feel the same, that 1M is any slower; probably you will feel the opposite, that M5 is too big and heavy and slower in reactions. 1M is not engineered to be a highway warrior. Having both in the garage is a priviledge.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Indeed a Autobahn cruiser...Sold my 135i months back to my son..He had the experience of "trying" to keep up with a new M5 on the highway a few weeks back....Well i thought his Cobb Tuned 1 was very quick but as he found out the M5 blew him away...He was mighty impressed to say the least. Yea, there fast, real fast.
      09-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
F10 M5 is an autobahn cruise missile as it was always been the intention with them (previous and actual M5s). Take a mountain pass with the 1M and then with the M5, you won't feel the same, that 1M is any slower; probably you will feel the opposite, that M5 is too big and heavy and slower in reactions. 1M is not engineered to be a highway warrior. Having both in the garage is a priviledge.
it is infact a missile, it really gave me confidence on overtaking eventhough knowing how big it is, the power in this thing is just wild. yeah its a totally different car, the 1M is small and so easy to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
Indeed a Autobahn cruiser...Sold my 135i months back to my son..He had the experience of "trying" to keep up with a new M5 on the highway a few weeks back....Well i thought his Cobb Tuned 1 was very quick but as he found out the M5 blew him away...He was mighty impressed to say the least. Yea, there fast, real fast.
still trying to get past the break-in process, i havent had the chance to floor this thing, but so far so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Congrats! Love the combo! Time to add some spice to the 1M
thank you!