BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Brake fluid & cabin filter change due!

My cars coming up to 2 yrs old and the CBS info (via the i-drive) says that the brake fluid (and I also believe, the pollen filter) need to be changed.

Anyone had this done on their 135i yet? Also, any idea how much BMW change for this?

Finally, I have SSTT installed and just wondered if I should take this out before I go in. I'm not really sure whether the teckies would need to go any where near the TMAP sensor. It's just such a pig to get in and out quickly due to that bloody air-box.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Mad, I had the brake fluid replaced when mine had the crash which was covered by the insurance. I doubt they would spot the SSTT as if my memory serves me right is situated underneath the air intake, or thereabouts. Mine is reporting it's over 900 miles past it's service but since it was practically rebuilt in September I think it's kind of irrelevant. Still, would be good to clear the service message I always get when I start it.

You should be ok to leave it there, but if in doubt - take it out....
      01-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
BMW Canada did my brake fluid change for free under the maintenance program. Do they have a similar program in the UK?

Last edited by Lucky1; 01-26-2010 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Made poor assumptions
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Mad, I had the brake fluid replaced when mine had the crash which was covered by the insurance. I doubt they would spot the SSTT as if my memory serves me right is situated underneath the air intake, or thereabouts. Mine is reporting it's over 900 miles past it's service but since it was practically rebuilt in September I think it's kind of irrelevant. Still, would be good to clear the service message I always get when I start it.

You should be ok to leave it there, but if in doubt - take it out....
Thanks esscolab,

Hope your care is all sorted now?

I was just a little concerned that BMW may wish to bleed the system via the clutch bleed valve (lowest point on the car, if memory serves) and they may look up and see the SSTT from there??

I think I'l remove it in a month or so, when I take her in - but I'm not looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
BMW Canada did my brake fluid change for free under the maintenance program. Do they have a similar program in the UK?
Hi Lucky1,

In the UK the typical lease purchase (leading to private ownership) does not cover this unless you buy a specific maintenance package, at additional cost. I believe the "business" lease rates do cover such things, though.

Mad.

Last edited by mad chemist; 01-27-2010 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist View Post
Thanks esscolab,

Hope your care is all sorted now?

I was just a little concerned that BMW may wish to bleed the system via the clutch bleed valve (lowest point on the car, if memory serves) and they may look up and see the SSTT from there??

I think I'l remove it in a month or so, when I take her in - but I'm not looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Mad.
When mine was fitted, the guy wrapped it in black matt tape so it didn't stick out. If you don't want to remove it, might be your next best choice.
      01-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Good advise,

I actually did this last time I took it out for the 17,000 first main service.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0