BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

BC racing coilovers

has anyone has any experience with these on the 1 series? I can't decide if I want this or to just go with the koni yellows and the white koni's in the rear with my H&R sport springs I have already on my stock msport shocks.
Do the BC racing coilovers come with swift springs? My budget is 1k and I would love to get camber plates ao this is why I'm leaning towards BC racing. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. This car is my daily and a weekend warrior for autocross so FIY if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 01:24 AM   #2
Kizzu
First Lieutenant
Malta
Rep
Drives: Bmw 125i Black Sapphire

I have bc's on my 1 and the ride, when set on full soft is more comfortable than msport suspension yet gives a better handling. if you're buying them new you can order them with custom spring rates if I'm not mistaken. adjustable damping does the job too. they are great on the road and when stiffened great on track too.
      04-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #3
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Bro you get what you pay for. Look into the ST XTA coilovers if you wanna save alittle on KW V2 dampners, Club Sport springs, and camber plates. That's what I ordered. A steal given the tech, but only has a 5 year warranty and no INOX rust proofing. ( I didn't care)
      04-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

I went with Swift Spec-R springs ~275, Bilstein B8s ~550 and Dinan Camber plates ~150. I personally love the set up. Apparently adjusting the top adjustments is a real PITA for coilovers. Im sure others could chime in. I decided for budgeting, my general progression as a driver, NVH, and the adjustment issue that something that could be put in and left alone for that price met my needs. I daily drive and track my car on road courses and this set up is great. about 1000% better than stock...
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Mernardi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

I enjoy my BC BRs. I did 8k/12k rates with Swift springs. I DD with 10/30 all around dampening. Very easy to adjust the dampening with rear extenders.

The ride is rougher and can be a bit bouncy here in the Chicago suburbs (potholes everywhere), but it's so much better than stock for aggressive driving. You will definitely get added noise, but I don't think it's that bad and I have my rear seats removed.

With the Swift springs I think I paid about $1,200 total. The springs are an option that must added.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mernardi View Post
I enjoy my BC BRs. I did 8k/12k rates with Swift springs. I DD with 10/30 all around dampening. Very easy to adjust the dampening with rear extenders.

The ride is rougher and can be a bit bouncy here in the Chicago suburbs (potholes everywhere), but it's so much better than stock for aggressive driving. You will definitely get added noise, but I don't think it's that bad and I have my rear seats removed.

With the Swift springs I think I paid about $1,200 total. The springs are an option that must added.
Where do you order from?

I'm leaning towards koni yellows right now but I'm just trying to make the best choice for the long run.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Mernardi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

http://www.importimageracing.com/bc-...-lug-nuts.html

Looks like it's more like $1,300 with the swift springs. This includes the extenders and some useless lugs. Make sure you put in full model details when ordering. They originally sent me a kit for a new F series. Annoying, but they took care of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 06:57 PM   #8
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Hi Guys …. Been a while for a posit in this group … looking for feedback on BC coilovers installed a few years …. Looking too install on my 1m - thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 12:00 AM   #9
Dirty1thirty5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Hi Guys …. Been a while for a posit in this group … looking for feedback on BC coilovers installed a few years …. Looking too install on my 1m - thanks!
I have no experience. But I’m looking into coilovers too. Don’t get bc. Especially on a 1m
Appreciate 0