BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
kaptenM
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M coupe 2012

Should I go for the BWM Performance seats

Hi,
After a couple of track days I have realized that the 1M standard sport seat is not enough for me to stay in place. So I have started to look more and more against upgrading to the BMW performance seats to gain both better side support, save some weight and improve the interior look.
But they are not cheap and the more I read the more confused I get so hopefully you guys can help answer my questions.

1. How much weight will I save?
according to http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/br...at_273143.html I will only save 3kg, is that really the case, doesn't really feel like a good weight saving upgrade for that kind of money

2. Does anyone know what the standard seats in the 1M weighs?

3. Can the performance seats be placed lower against the floor then the standard?

4. Can I mount them myself or do I have to let my dealer do the work, reprogram needed?

5. Anyone tried them on a track day, are the side support good enough or should I go for something else?

Br,
///Martin
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
I bought a custom made set of schroth 4points for €230 and I stuck like glue with standard leather seats a huge improvement that both myself and gs/e30/1m can astest to....
      10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
kaptenM
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M coupe 2012

Was it difficult to mount it in the car? Where did you bought them from, I'm located in Europe as well so perhaps I could contact the same dealer.

Do you have any pictures of them installed?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Performance seats aint exactly light weight buckets to be honest, the recaro sportster cs are not anyways, they sit at about the same height as the oem non lecy seats and as they have airbags and heating elements the are not really designed as lightweight but they do look good. If you are looking for more lateral support then maybe a pair of pole positions would be much better suited in support, weight and height, mounted with the runners you can slide for access into the back (just lol), I recon you could find a good trimmer to recover in matching alcantara and orange stitch.
Appreciate 0