BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #1
DeltaDarren
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Idrive pin connector

How do I know if my Idrive has a 4 or 6 pin connector at the screen?

I'm looking at NavTv Back Up Interface camera to install on my 2013 128i.

Vin: VM55326

Either :
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT71...namic-kit.html or
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT72...namic-kit.html
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 07:11 AM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Assuming your 2013 128i iDrive is the same as my 2013 135i iDrive, then it's the 4 pin connector. I did a similar mod on my car but used the system from BimmerTech. If you want to know 100%, pull apart the center dash to get to the CIC module. On the back of the CIC module you'll find the video cable going to the nav screen. Or take out the nav screen and verify the video cable there. To take out the nav screen, you'll need to pull the center vent to gain access to the screws holding down the screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
DeltaDarren
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Assuming your 2013 128i iDrive is the same as my 2013 135i iDrive, then it's the 4 pin connector. I did a similar mod on my car but used the system from BimmerTech. If you want to know 100%, pull apart the center dash to get to the CIC module. On the back of the CIC module you'll find the video cable going to the nav screen. Or take out the nav screen and verify the video cable there. To take out the nav screen, you'll need to pull the center vent to gain access to the screws holding down the screen.
Thank you this helped.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

You're welcome. Word of warning, there is absolutely no room in the dash to mount the box. I found an open area next to the steering column where I was able to "mount" the box. It's actually just held up there by zip tying the wiring harness from the media box to what seems like one of the coolant lines feeding the heater core. If you search this subforum, you'll find my write up of the Bimmertech install with pictures. It'll give you an idea what you're getting yourself in to.

Also, the length of the video cable supplied in the kit will determine where you can mount the box. In the location I have the media box, I had to route the video cable up through the dash to the left side of the center vents. This was also another factor of why I selected that area next to the steering column.
Appreciate 0