BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

FEELER: 400+WHP 2008 135i 6MT, Black on Black

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 17,500.00

Item Interest
Hi all, many of you have seen me build this car from day 1 on either my YouTube channel or my Build Thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 1 year of ownership with this car and it was being an amazing experience, but my goals for cars have changed. I’m putting this feeler out here and thinking of selling my 135i, only because I want to build a 135i race car. The reason why I’m not going to build this car into a racecar, is because the setup it has is a perfect FBO stock turbo setup that I have invested a lot of time and money into getting just right, and changing that would just be counter-intuitive to the next build I want to do which is a more of a single turbo race car build than a super clean, Daily Driver, FBO set up. Besides, I'd like my next 135i to be something super cheap, stripper / base model, that I wouldn’t feel as bad about hacking up!

I have taken Extreme care for this car, as well as the PO who is a Porsche collector. I have a binder full of car fax, receipts, service papers, as well as any other papers associated with this from the PO that I have continued to add to throughout my ownership of the car. In addition, I also have a copy of the Original MSRP of this car which was stated at $43,523. It took me a very, very long time to find this car and I believe it is a truly awesome spec'd 135i.

Specs of the Car:
-2008 model year with a 6 Speed Manual
-Black Sapphire Metallic exterior
-Black Boston leather interior
-Fully Loaded: This car is fully loaded with Navigation / Idrive, Sport Package, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Comfort Access, and anything else you can think of
-104K Miles

I price myself as an owner who truly goes against the grain of the N54 being unreliable. I believe there is a huge difference in a 100K mile N54with everything addressed, and a 60K mile N54 without all the common issues addressed. Don’t let the 104K miles scare you, this is a very well sorted out N54 that runs like an absolute champ. It is smooth as glass and hasn’t caused a single CEL, misfire, or any light for that matter since I’ve finished the FBO set up. Here’s a list of recent items this car has had:

Maintenance:
-Oil change last week
-1.5K miles ago – Carbon Cleaning on the intake ports
-4K miles ago – New NGK 5992 Plugs @ .022 gap
-4K miles ago – new OEM Ignition coils
-5K miles ago – new OEM Pre-cat 02 sensors
-5K miles ago – new OEM Fuel Injectors (index 8)
~22k miles ago – New OEM Turbos replaced under warranty (have only been tuned for 4K miles, FBO for 2k miles)
~30k miles ago – Water pump and T-stat replaced by Previous Owner at a BMW dealership with latest part
~50K miles ago HPFP replaced at dealer with latest part #, shouldn’t be a problem again

Now let’s talk about the mods. Sure anyone can get a FBO n54 car for much cheaper than what I’m asking, But I believe this car is extremely dialed in with higher quality bolt ons than the average FBO car. This car easily makes 400+WHP on the custom tune that is has now on just 93 octane. My old tune was MHD Stage 2+ where I dyno 380 WHP / 421 WTQ on a heat soaked 93* day, and this tune runs about 1-2 more PSI than the OTS map, has cleaner logs, and is much smoother. Butt dyno says its about 30-40WHP stronger, if not more.

Performance Mods:
-Custom 93 octane Tune from Derek @ Moore Performance tuning
-VRSF 7” HD intercooler
-VRSF Catless Downpipes – Ceramic coated
-VRSF chargepipe
-HKS BOV
-BMS DCI
-BMR 3.5” Full Exhaust (can’t say enough good things about this exhaust. Easily the most badass exhaust for a 135i out there)

Wheels / Tires:
-Apex EC-7 wheels in Race Silver
-MPSS tires in 235/40/18 Front and 265/35/18 Rear
-5mm spacers in rear (can be removed if you like)
-Stud Conversion with Black Mishimoto Aluminum Locking Lug nuts
-Wheels have been Ceramic Coated in CQuartz UK and look absolutely fantastic and are very easily to clean

Brakes:
-EBC USR Slotted Rotors in Front and Rear
-EBC Redsuff ceramic brake bakes – very low dust and great Daily driver pads.

Suspension:
-Koni Yellow shocks
-Eibach pro kit Springs
-Dinan camber plates (-1.5 degrees camber front)

Other Goodies:
-BMS Oil Catch Can
-BMS Cowl filters
-ZHP weighted shift knob with Alcantara Boot
-Brown Alcantara Interior Trim
-20% Ceramic window tint
-OEM additional cup holder (the one mounted on left of shifter)
-Toe hook mounted front License Plate
-OEM Black Kidney grills
-IKON Motorsports front lip – painted black

The Bad:

-Paint is not perfect. This car is a daily driver in a city, and has its fair share of rock chips on the bumper.
-has one door ding on the passenger side
-Comfort Access driver handle doesn't work and needs to be replaced (150$), havent fixed it because I can't justify that cost and just use my key like a normal human being lol

I know that my price is pretty high and I know that majority of people wont agree with it, However, I’m trying to market my car to the type of enthusiast who appreciates the extra money spent into the brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, BMR exhaust, etc. rather than just the typical FBO Setup. Also, At the end of the day, despite the mileage being at 104K, this is an extremely well sorted 400+ WHP N54 that runs without hesitation, revs / idles smooth as glass, and wont give you tons of misfires or headaches, which is unlike the vast majority of N54 cars for sale today.

I bought this car for $14,400 and have put just over 6,000$ Into the car, with everything done very recently. All the parts are a matter of a few months old. So at 18K, this car would be very hard to replicate on your own! If I don’t get my asking price or close to it, I have absolutely no problem keeping this car and continuing to enjoy it.

Thanks for reading.

Attached Images

Last edited by Neiman Levenson; 10-07-2017 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

GLWS price is on the high side especially for the mileage. I’ve enjoyed you’re build thread, looking forward to the next one.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
GLWS price is on the high side especially for the mileage. I’ve enjoyed you’re build thread, looking forward to the next one.
Thanks, I know 18K seems pretty high but if someone wanted to replicate this same build with the same parts and maintenance, it would def be more.

Also, when these engines are sorted out properly mileage doesn't mean a thing. Plenty of guys at 150K+ miles and 600WHP+ on single turbos that have been set up properly and have way less problems and more reliability than some people at 50K miles on a stock car!
      10-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump, price drop to 17,500