BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #177
aaaaah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Intent isnt really that important since literally every reason to kneel is retarded

Kneeling because the Gentle Giant was murdered by the popo while he was out spreading the Word of Jesus Christ hands up dont shoot

Kneeling because statistics and facts about crime and arrests are racist n shit.

Kneeling because DRUMPF grabbed 2 scoops of the pussy

Kneeling because fuck America n shit

Kneeling because your rightful place as a lesser spotted Caucasian cuck is on your knees in the corner while your wifes bull does his job.

None of these are exactly compelling reasons to look like a virtue signalling idiot .
How would you like people to peacefully and non destructively protest in a way that gathers enough attention then?

How is it worse than ultra nationalists who spout pro US propaganda whilst flying confederate flags at the same time?

Maybe it's just the chemtrails which is creating all these violent reactions to peaceful protests.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #178
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The same goes for the confederate flag. I think waving that flag for SOME people might be because they are white nationals, or maybe they are just proud of their southern heritage, or maybe they miss slavery. It's all about intent. There was a LOT of debate about the confederate flag and even confederate monuments. Surely not all their supporters are racists right? Maybe people should be looking at intent rather than the subjective meaning that they have attached to an action?

Aren't both confederate flag supporters and national anthem kneelers allowed the same consideration of considering intent before condemnation?
I agree with you, but therein lies the problem. The people waving the confederate flag aren't given the same consideration. If you ask their opponents, the only reason they do that is because they are racists. The only reason for erecting Confederate monuments is to remind the black people of what their place is, actual intent be damned.
      Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #179
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
I agree with you, but therein lies the problem. The people waving the confederate flag aren't given the same consideration. If you ask their opponents, the only reason they do that is because they are racists. The only reason for erecting Confederate monuments is to remind the black people of what their place is, actual intent be damned.
They are given the same consideration by like minded people, much like the kneelers. They are condemned by their detractors, much like the kneelers.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR F30 328i Sport Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0